Mk4 can I use a headlight deflector sticker or do I need adjustment? - Focus Mk4 Electrical - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mk4 can I use a headlight deflector sticker or do I need adjustment?

europe deflector sticker

1 reply to this topic

#1 20200728

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:focus mk4
  • Name:20200728

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

Hello, first post on this forum. Trying to get an answer urgently, so I admit I did also post this question elsewhere, I hope that's ok.

I am driving to Europe in my mk4 focus and can't find a definite answer whether I need a sticker or the lights adjusting.

It's the most basic Zetec. I had a good look through the settings and I really cannot see the option to switch headlight light L/R modes in the menus.

I attached three photos of my headlights.

I thought I'm ok with google but struggling with this one, so I was pleased to come across this bit online: "Very often, neither the car manufacturer’s handbook nor the instructions provided with the deflector kits, have been helpful in this regard."

IMG_20200727_204113636.jpg

IMG_20200727_204118309.jpg

IMG_20200727_204123207_HDR.jpg

#2 Master-of-none

Master-of-none

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1.0 125PS Focus Ti

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:57 PM

POPULAR

My advice, given that you can't find any definitive info, is use the deflector stickers, they make it obvious to any European cop that you have "made the effort" and therefore will also have complied with the laws requiring all the right documents and safety gear be carried.

Don't waste £5 on a NF breathalyser, there was no fine for non-compliance and the law is repealed

https://www.thelocal...alysers-in-cars

• TreborB likes this
Weaselling out of things is important to learn,it's what separates us from the animals Except the weasel

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users