2011 Mk4.5 140bhp Remap & EGR Blank - Diesel Engines (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

2011 Mk4.5 140bhp Remap & EGR Blank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jono987

jono987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4.5
  • Name:Jonathan Scott

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:44 PM

Hi Guys, im contemplating getting my mk4.5 140 remapped, by a well known mapper (performance edge).

I notice lots of people get their EGR blanked at the same time.

Apparently you should physically blank it, and then when you get it remapped, they remove it from the software.

Is the EGR blanking needed or will i be ok with just a remap? I ask because i bought the blanking plate, but the engine in the mk4.5 seems different to the mk4, and i could not find the correct location to blank it, whereas my friends mk4 is very easy and obvious where to do it.

Cheers!

#2 ash99s90

ash99s90

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:32 PM

POPULAR

I have a 62 plate MK4.5 with the 163hp engine (dw10c) and I've fitted a blanking plate, it's at the front of the engine. Quite easy to get to and fit, no errors and doesn't need anything doing in software.

I believe the previous engine has the egr at the rear of the engine and more difficult to get to. Maybe someone else can provide some advice on that engine.

I haven't had a remap yet (but it is booked in for the weekend)

Thanks
Stu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  • jono987 likes this

#3 gaskell71

gaskell71

Little Megger always willing to help.

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Mondeo 2.0tdci

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:53 PM

Blanking MK4 140 doesn't put error light on, to fit your need to remove engine cover. Your see a silver pipe follow that towards windscreen, at pipe terminus your see 2 10mm bolt, undo them enough to slide plate in and then redo nice and tight.

#4 jono987

jono987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4.5
  • Name:Jonathan Scott

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:00 PM

Thanks a lot guys, Stu I dont suppose I could be cheeky and ask for a photo of where it is located? Or could you point me in the direction of an image online that shows it?

Also, how was the remap?

#5 ash99s90

ash99s90

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:28 PM

Jono, search this item number in eBay, it shows some pics of where it is located.

As for the remap I wish I'd had it done when I got the car instead of waiting 2 years lol. It's made a big difference to the power and how it pulls. Obviously of the mark it's quicker but I can remember in 3rd there was a noticeable flat spot I think at around 3k revs, whereas now it just keeps accelerating until it's time to change to 4th.

PM if you want the name of who done mine, (I'm near Wolverhampton)

#6 Haik

Haik

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:46 PM

Does anyone have a manual for closing the egr on a dw10c engine? It's a little scary to do it for yourself...

Edited by Haik, 05 August 2020 - 12:47 PM.

#7 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28315 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 05 August 2020 - 01:41 PM

Manual?   Slightly undo 2 bolts and slide the plate in and tighten the bolts.

Make sure the plate has slots and not holes so it slides in. Make sure the plate is

a decent thickness not a tin can.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#8 joey c

joey c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo titanium x
  • Name:joe

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 AM

I have a 62 plate MK4.5 with the 163hp engine (dw10c) and I've fitted a blanking plate, it's at the front of the engine. Quite easy to get to and fit, no errors and doesn't need anything doing in software.
So is this still ok how does the car feel with you doing this I’ve a 2011 163 and thinking of doing the same
I believe the previous engine has the egr at the rear of the engine and more difficult to get to. Maybe someone else can provide some advice on that engine.

I haven't had a remap yet (but it is booked in for the weekend)

Thanks
Stu.

am thinking of doing this what’s the benefits your seeing now

Edited by joey c, Yesterday, 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users