Powershift oil change (dct450) for a 2012 Mondeo ecoboost 2.0 - Page 2 - Drivetrain (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Powershift oil change (dct450) for a 2012 Mondeo ecoboost 2.0

powershift oil change mondeo ecoboost

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 5150

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo EcoBoost 2.0

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:32 PM

Oh, from what you say I am a bit concerned if the trans oil level is correct or not.

Also a pity he didn't give you the old filter which you could have examined better once it had fully drained off

I have the same concern as well.
They claim they know what they're doing and are following Ford's instructions, but I guess that in reality, it's far from that...

Quote says they charged me for 7 litres, but I have no idea how much exactly was used, as I understand it should be less than 7 when the service is complete.

What would be the consequences of having a higher level than recommended?

Also, what is the correct amount of oil in this gearbox?

Cheers!

2012 Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ecoboost 203ps

#12 TreborB

TreborB

Powershifts Forever

• Members
  • 4958 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

It is approx 7 litres you need to buy when doing the job.
Is there no other garage you could ask to do a level check following the correct procedure.
The reason for the unusual procedure is there is different height chambers inside the box

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#13 5150

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo EcoBoost 2.0

Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:44 PM

Is there no other garage you could ask to do a level check following the correct procedure.

I can find another garage to do that, or maybe even do it myself if possible...

Can you please elaborate on how to check the oil level?

Thanks again for your help.

2012 Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ecoboost 203ps

#14 TreborB

TreborB

Powershifts Forever

• Members
  • 4958 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:23 PM

It is all in this link with pictures as well

https://talkford.com...4-mondeo/page-1

And her is just how to do it

Oil Level Check Top Up Getrag 6DCT450

Remove the engine cover

Start engine and let it run at idle to warm up for 15 minutes

Transmission fluid temperature should be around 40 ± 5°C.

Move the shift lever to every position (P, R, N, D, manual mode) (Hold for 20 seconds in each position), and then move it to the P range.

Stop the engine

Remove the air cleaner element and air cleaner intake duct

Remove the filler plug.

Remove the transmission fluid level check plug

Beware -If transmission fluid drains out, it is NOT an indication, that the transmission fluid level is already adjusted or too high. To fill-in transmission fluid again via transmission fluid filling bore is mandatory to ensure proper transmission fluid level in main control chamber too.

If oil comes out of level plug bore/hole, Drain transmission fluid via this transmission fluid level check bore until continuous flow changes into single drops of transmission fluid.

The following steps are to be conducted in one go without any longer breaks.

Connect a funnel/guidetube into the filling bore. Now keep filling transmission fluid into the filling bore until transmission fluid drains out through the transmission fluid level check bore.

Tighten the filler plug to the specified torque. 35 Nm plus or minus 5 Nm

Let the transmission fluid via transmission fluid level check bore drain until continuous flow changes into single drops of transmission fluid.

Tighten the transmission fluid check plug to the specified torque. 35 Nm plus or minus 5 Nm

Clean off any oil from filler and level plug areas.

Refit air cleaner and engine cover

NOTE: This is the check and top up, if required, procedure - NOT the full oil and filter change procedure (which requires trans being run through the gears again)

Edited by TreborB, 16 July 2020 - 07:31 PM.

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#15 stonekeeper

stonekeeper

TF regular

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo titanium x
  • Name:Mark

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:15 PM

Alan Howatt has a video. May be helpful?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: powershift, oil change, mondeo, ecoboost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users