Air filter ? - Page 2 - Mondeo Mk3 General Discussion - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Air filter ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Macmondy3L

Macmondy3L

TF regular

• Members
  • 1332 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:07 PM

Oiled filters have a sweet spot, too much oil and they restrict flow and may contaminate
MAP or MAP sensors etc. Too little and it will not filter properly.

Received a free K&N Filter for my car, sold it on here.

If you want a filter that does its job then get a decent quality paper filter and check it
every 6 months or so depending on mileage. If its dirty then swap it no matter how
many miles you have done.

Think the ST airbox will have a cold feed and twin inlets to flow more than the lower
spec cars. Its not restrictive.

If you want a filter that makes more noise and not bothered about its efficiency then go
aftermarket panel or cone.

Only the 220 has a twin inlet air box. The TDCI doesn’t need one as it has a smaller lower revving engine.
Did the facelift's to date come fitted with a twin inlet, i know the first gen st220 had them, haven't you gotta watch for deep/standing water as i believe one inlet has a very low intake height..am i right or wrong..cheer's.
Des

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

#12 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12440 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:00 PM

POPULAR

Oiled filters have a sweet spot, too much oil and they restrict flow and may contaminate
MAP or MAP sensors etc. Too little and it will not filter properly.

Received a free K&N Filter for my car, sold it on here.

If you want a filter that does its job then get a decent quality paper filter and check it
every 6 months or so depending on mileage. If its dirty then swap it no matter how
many miles you have done.

Think the ST airbox will have a cold feed and twin inlets to flow more than the lower
spec cars. Its not restrictive.

If you want a filter that makes more noise and not bothered about its efficiency then go
aftermarket panel or cone.

Only the 220 has a twin inlet air box. The TDCI doesn’t need one as it has a smaller lower revving engine.
Did the facelift's to date come fitted with a twin inlet, i know the first gen st220 had them, haven't you gotta watch for deep/standing water as i believe one inlet has a very low intake height..am i right or wrong..cheer's.
Des

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Five speed cars had a second feed hose that ran from the base of the car to the bottom of the air box, just as you say.

Six speed cars don’t have the room for the second feed pipe due to the different gearbox, so just have the hole in the bottom if the air box.

• Macmondy3L likes this
You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users