Views 2, no, let’s talk about history - Page 2 - Mondeo Mk3 General Discussion - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Views 2, no, let’s talk about history

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 jack s

jack s

Mosquito

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2 tdci
  • Name:Jack

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:27 PM

POPULAR

I've had only 4 bikes, including one I still have in bits for rebuild, RD250.
I gather most start with bikes then move onto cars but I only got into it about 7 years ago, not as a transport but as an easy project to manage. You don't need a hoist get an engine out or friends to help you out etc...
I've had 3 Yammies and 1 Honda - I like the simplicity of air cooled 2 stroke, the 1st one was 3/4 size trail bike with an air cooled 2 stroke single - doesn't get any simpler...

Two strokes were my thing and like you say Sam, simple, only three moving parts. Brakes had to be good though as there was no engine braking.
They had so much potential.
Obviously my favourite bikes were British, the likes of Ariel arrow, two speed Scott, though they were before my time. Next Italian machines. Unfortunately the bike that I liked rather a lot was a jap, the Suzuki 750 three cylinder water cooled, I think it’s nick name was the kettle. Was very fast and possibly the last of the big two stokes.
I think their demise was the amount of co they produced.
Those were the days.......
  • ul9601 likes this

#12 Macmondy3L

Macmondy3L

TF regular

• Members
  • 1332 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:47 PM

'89 Mitsi Galant
'72 Ford Fairmont
'9x Mitsi Eterna
'68 Fiat 125
'84 Citroen Cx
'92 Nissan Skyline
'8x Fiat Ritmo 105TC
'9x Nissan Avenir Salut
'8x Skoda 120L/Estelle
'01 Citroen C5
'8x Citroen GSA
'05 Citroen C6
'92 Citroen XM
'03 Ford Mondeo
and a few bikes - I think I forgot a few...

See you have a Citroen fettish there fella..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

#13 ul9601

ul9601

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:03 Mondeo Mk3 Estate
  • Name:Sam

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:10 PM

POPULAR

See you have a Citroen fettish there fella..

Yeah that kind of happened...

Started off with very short ownership of CX (a moron crossed the centreline and totalled it after only 6 months!) then went back to the marque with C5 about 7 years later. The C5 V6 Exclusive was the best by far (it did have a leak but lasted me 6 years and mot much money. Went pretty well and so comfortable!) GSA being the old school Cit, it was like stepping through time machine, I still love the wacky switch/controls around the steering wheel (called PRN lunule) - also soooo comfortable but had to wring it out all the time, still good fun. The only downside was petrol smell from carb that wouldn't go away no matter what. Next up, C6 - it looked the part, it used to be French presidential vehicle, after all. It was a right money pit though, which was why I got rid of it (and the constant paranoia I had that someone would ding the panels/doors at carpark). XM was the car I shouldn't have bought - a piece of junk I bought when I sold the C6 & the GSA and left carless. It went to the crusher when it left me without steering, brake and suspension after popping hydraulics... A properly specced and looked after XM would be a nice car, but not the one I had.

I am still fond of Citroens and I have a few on my wishlist (Ami, Xantia Activa and of course, the ultimate Cit of all time, DS) but probably never gonna happen.  

• Macmondy3L likes this

2003 Mondeo 2.0 Duratec HE petrol MTX-75 5 speed manual (pre-face Mk3)

#14 Macmondy3L

Macmondy3L

TF regular

• Members
  • 1332 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 11:32 AM

POPULAR

My Sister's hubby had an ami, a white one back in the early 80's, looked very french but the citroen gs i think with the playmobile dashboard switch thingy arangement..nuts.

• ul9601 likes this

#15 ul9601

ul9601

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:03 Mondeo Mk3 Estate
  • Name:Sam

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

My Sister's hubby had an ami, a white one back in the early 80's, looked very french but the citroen gs i think with the playmobile dashboard switch thingy arangement..nuts.

Amis are worth serious money these days - especially in RHD. It's crazy!

2003 Mondeo 2.0 Duratec HE petrol MTX-75 5 speed manual (pre-face Mk3)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users