Live Key wire missing - Ford Galaxy Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Live Key wire missing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmagostinho

jmagostinho

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Galaxy MK3
  • Name:João Agostinho

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:14 AM

Hi guys, i just got an Android Head Unit for my Galaxy (2007), i had to change a few wires and now it's working. My problem is....in the position it was supposed to exist the key live wire....well....there's not....on the quadlock plug of the car its an empty slot.....my solution was turn on and off manually the unit....but i'm not happy with that....

The original radio is a Ford 6000 CD (Portugal build)  if it helps, i also searched for some wire that would only became live with key but...all of them have power without the key....so i went to the central fuse box, checked them all and all have power without the key in the ignition..... anyone can help me out? 

I had a problem before the swap, the original radio from time to time didn't acknowledge that the key was in the ignition and would show a "1 Hour" message on the screen....and eventually it would shutdown.... so....or i have an electric problem in the ignition switch or with can bus maybe, since the car doesnt seem to have a ignition key wire connected to the radio unit.......

Thanks in advance :) 

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28204 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:46 PM

About 20 variations of the 6000CD.

Sounds like the fuse has blown or the ignition switch is faulty. Just noticed you have

starting issues where it does not register the key being turned on so my guess would

be start at that switch. Check the multiplug on the rear of the switch.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#3 jmagostinho

jmagostinho

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Galaxy MK3
  • Name:João Agostinho

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:50 PM

True.....to many variations for the same model.... 

I've disconnected all plugs, clean them and plugged everything back again, i think the ignition switch is faulty....

Will try to find a replacement and test it out. I also think the airbag ribbon (i dont really know how it's called) it's faulty....i have a ESP Fault now after trying the cruise control fix....i fixed that and earned a ESP fault   :darn:

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users