What is this part & part number? - V6 'Duratec' Petrol Engines (Mondeo Mk3) - TalkFord.com

Jump to content

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)


What is this part & part number?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ddavey


    Just Joined TF!

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 2.5
  • Name:Dan

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:28 AM

What is the name of this part and part no? I'm trying to get Ford to order me the pipe which connects to the bottom of it but they are having problem finding it without the part no. There seems to be a part number on it but I cannot make it out....


Also if you can tell me the part no for the hose from the bottom that would be great!


More info, it mounts to the rear of the Intake manifold and the pipe at the bottom which I need appears to go into the engine below the throttle body. This is on the 2.5 engine.



#2 Ddavey


    Just Joined TF!

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 2.5
  • Name:Dan

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:47 AM

Is this perhaps a carbon filter valve?

#3 mondy zetecs

mondy zetecs

    Clever Clauggs

  • Members
  • 4208 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5l v6 2002
  • Name:Harry
  • Location:N.Yorkshire

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:14 PM


Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 2014

#4 cantfixwontfix



  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk3 mondeo v6
  • Name:Ted
  • Location:Surrey

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:25 PM

Thats the purge valve solenoid, for the evap system. The pipe on the bottom that you want goes round the back of the engine into the oil separator assembly, which are just some vacuum pipes. Confirm it on catcar that mondy zetecs linked to but I think the valve part number is 4682066 and the pipe that goes into the assembly is either 7321420 or 7321421 labelled as Tube - exhaust gas recirculator. I might be wrong about these numbers because I wasn't ever able to find replacements (I ended up making my own) and the catcar website is a bit vague. I was looking for the same part myself a few months ago you see as I had an air leak in the oil separator assembly which I replaced, but as I was pulling that pipe out of it, the flimsy bit of crap shattered into half a dozen pieces.


I had to use some small radiator hose pipe and plastic connectors I got off ebay which cost around 10 quid in total as an alternative replacement which has seemed to work well enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users