Advice needed on price - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Advice needed on price

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 91125

Megger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:11 plate Zetec

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:52 PM

Hiya All

After fitting powerfolds to my Mondeo Zetec 11 plate

(mirrors, switch and module) ........ Nothing

Having read a little further, basically the car needs to be told they are there.. SO

Rang Fords and was told under no circumstances would they touch it as they are not allowed to retrofit anything to the car (even though I had and just needed it coded to car)

Rang an independent auto electrictian and was told £40 quid booking fee and £60 quid per hour.

Question is, is that the going rate (I thought it was high) to code mirrors to the car. I'm just used to plug and play 

Any thoughts would be appreciated

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28192 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:11 PM

£20 OBD reader and Free Forscan or ELMConfig software?  Seems to be able to do most other things.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#3 91125

Megger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:53 AM

Thanks Purple

Have got the OBD reader but I just cannot find it on the forscan 

#4 alpid

alpid

Big Megger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Titanium X 2.5T

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

May be a silly question but it has happened before. Are you sure the motors are good? And if indeed they are even there?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Mk1 1995 N Dark Aubergine 2.0 GLX Estate with smoke indicators electric everything and dark smoke window tint, tailgate spoiler light smoke slimline wind deflectors, Truffle Leather interior with heaters. Chrome trim and eXcel Alloys.Not quite a Ghia +

My mondy was replaced by a 2.0ltr Cougar (the mondeo with no back doors) and now partnered by a 2008 Mondeo Titanium X 2.5T estate in Blue (ambition)?

#5 91125

Megger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

May be a silly question but it has happened before. Are you sure the motors are good? And if indeed they are even there?

Hiya not a silly question at all

I changed the mirrors for ones fitted with motors (and puddle lights) off a well know auction site !!

And when I changed the door module the serial number was actually the same, but I changed door module anyway.

I was told that they needed coding to the car to make them operate so I cannot be 100% sure they work, but as I was told they weren't plug and play. 

#6 alpid

alpid

Big Megger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Titanium X 2.5T

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

I replaced the standard button folding for auto folding by simply changing the modules in each door and that was it. No programming needed.
Edit: you do need the correct modules to suit. I can't remember the numbers but I'm sure they're mentioned in a few threads here at TF.

Edited by alpid, 05 June 2020 - 11:48 PM.

Mk1 1995 N Dark Aubergine 2.0 GLX Estate with smoke indicators electric everything and dark smoke window tint, tailgate spoiler light smoke slimline wind deflectors, Truffle Leather interior with heaters. Chrome trim and eXcel Alloys.Not quite a Ghia +

My mondy was replaced by a 2.0ltr Cougar (the mondeo with no back doors) and now partnered by a 2008 Mondeo Titanium X 2.5T estate in Blue (ambition)?

#7 91125

Megger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

POPULAR

Thanks alpid

I have checked through a previous topic and the module used was 9G9T-14533 TC which actually was on the car.

I changed the wing mirrors to ones with puddle lights

Then on previous topic it says:-

Someone here mentioned they had to activate theirs on vcm.
So today first thing plugged in the toughbook(vcm) and also found that I could turn on mirror fold and puddle lamp via ids.

Coded to car and all is working spot on.

So I assumed that I now need to get them coded to car as nothing works at the moment

John

• alpid likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users