Fitted Folding mirrors need help with the final bit - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Fitted Folding mirrors need help with the final bit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 91125

Megger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:11 plate Zetec

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:32 PM

Hiya All

I have a Mondeo zetec 2011 Mk 4.5

I have changed the wing mirrors for Powerfold and Drivers side door module and fitted the electric windows switch with the afore mentioned wing mirror button.

So now all I need is to tell the car its all there and switch them on. Thats where I fall down.

I have downloaded forscan for windows on the laptop and plugged it to the car. BUT

would some kind soul be able to give me an idiots guide of where I should look to switch the powerfolds on and puddle lights please

I'm not very computer literate so all help appreciated

Many thanks 

John

#2 91125

Megger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:11 plate Zetec

Posted 31 May 2020 - 04:00 PM

bump

still can fathom it

#3 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Sport
  • Name:Tony Ford

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:51 PM

You need to go into Central Configuration on the BCM

#4 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1246 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

Using Elmconfig read the central configuration, go to page 3, 5th up from the bottom on the right-hand column you change "outer rear view mirrors" to "with retractable mirrors" and save to bcm and ipc

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#5 go4it

go4it

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Oli

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:01 PM

I may also depend on the make of the car and the doormodules used.

#6 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Sport
  • Name:Tony Ford

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:34 PM

Have you checked the part numbers of your door control modules against the pinned thread on folding door mirrors to confirm you have compatible modules?

If you find that you need to source the correct modules, I currently have the correct modules available for sale

https://www.ebay.co....es/333765713450

#7 go4it

go4it

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Oli

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:20 AM

The TO did not fully tell us what he did, so it's more guessing here. Why he did not reply to all the good hints we gave him? I always get a strange feeling if somebody ask for help and then come back. As his post is of May, i would say he has succeeded or dropped it.

After all, retrofitting the mirrors is not a big deal.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users