Aerosol paints - Car Care / Restoration / Paint - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Aerosol paints

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jack s

jack s

Mosquito

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2 tdci
  • Name:Jack

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:52 AM

Hi all

Started a few jobs on my mondeo mk3 and you know how it goes, one job leads to another and now it has become a full refurb.

During this time I have used a few aerosols with varying success.

I have used U-POL and Simoniz aerosols which I would recommend. They have been good, not only for paint coverage but nozzle spread and capability

The cans I found diabolical, which were the opposite to the above were Hycote and halfrauds. The colour match was poor and the nozzles concentrated on one point rather than spread the paint.

I am not a professional aerosol sprayer, but quickly become aware of what could be achieved with a descent aerosol can.

For my top coats I have now used a local, dedicated auto paint shop, a lot more expensive, but hopefully the right decision.

I will be using these cans this week, weather depending, so watch this space.

Jack

#2 Gen2Galaxy

Gen2Galaxy

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:07 Reg Galaxy
  • Name:Aidan

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:02 PM

Jack, this is an interesting topic because it relates to any car, not just Fords.

I want to do some paintwork on my N Reg Jaguar XJ with a clear over base finsh. But one of the paint suppliers who sell aerosol cans of colour-matched paint as paragraphs of warnings on their website about how these cannot be used to paint cars!? One wonders how or why they sell paints that are colour-matched to specific car colours when they shouldn't be used to paint cars :unsure:.

So I was just wondering how you managed to buy the correct paint and how you got on with your bodywork, and is it clear-over-base or just solid colour?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users