MK6 (2007) ABS pump/ECU replacement - brake bleeding - Ford Fiesta Mk6 & Fusion (UK Model) Forum - (2002-2008) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

MK6 (2007) ABS pump/ECU replacement - brake bleeding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CSarge

CSarge

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta 1.25 (2007)
  • Name:C Sarge

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:49 PM

Afternoon Guys & Gals - After hours reviewing the internet and particularly this helpful forum I have a couple of questions.  Have a 2007 1.2 Fiesta Style Climate (think it's Mk6 but did not realise there was so much confusion over mk number! But that is an aside!).

Problem :  ABS light on, Forscan reads the ABS with a C1095 error code.  30a fuse blows immediately on ignition switch on.  Speedo operates fine and no other odd behaviour.  Have managed to remove and visually inspect the connector which appears ok.

Conclusion :  Either the ABS ECU has a problem or the pump itself.  So in either case I will need to remove the entire unit due to its wonderful location and orientation.  I appear to have 2 options at the moment (self repair of the ECU is not within my skillset or equipment!).

a )  Send off the ECU to a repairer for test and repair of original unit  (assuming of course they are still operating at the moment due to the pandemic)

b )  Source a second hand unit (with exactly same details to avoid any need for programming of the ECU), then swap ECU first then pump if ECU swap doesn't work.  (Being mindful of the fact that the secondhand unit could of course be faulty)

Question 1:  Any recommendations for ECU repair -  BBA Reman and ECUtesting seem to be popular options (both with good and bad reviews!)

Question 2:  ABS service bleed using Forsan?  I think the correct profile for the car in Forscan is "Ford Fiesta Duratec  16V 1.25L 2007 (2006 MY)" which I have used to scan and diagnose however it does not have the "ABS Service Bleed" option under the "Service Procedures" option.  However the profile for "Ford Fiesta Duratec  16V 1.25L 2007 (2002 MY)" does.  What are the thoughts on using this profile for the previous model on mine?

Or is it possible on this 'simple' car to just do it the old fashioned way without the need to activate the (what looks like quite small) ABS pump using software/diagnostic tool?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by CSarge, 04 May 2020 - 10:53 PM.

#2 daveyfez

daveyfez

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:fiesta
  • Name:dave

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

hi bud i have just posted exact same problem

https://talkford.com...ta-abs-problem/

can i ask how did you get on with yours and any advice you may have?

cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users