Focus Tailgate Lock - Test Actuator - Electrical (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Focus Tailgate Lock - Test Actuator

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 geradeaus

geradeaus

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus MK1 Hatchback
  • Name:Luke

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:47 PM

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to test the rear tailgate (Focus Mk1 Hatchback) lock actuator to confirm that it is indeed dead and needs to be replaced, as opposed to an electrical supply issue?

I took the connector off of the lock and it appears to have three pins, 1x black, 1x black and orange and 1x white and green.

I have no experience with anything electrical, but would like to learn so bear with me! First of all, does anyone know how to identify which wire is which based on the colours?

Once I can identify that, I'm wondering if I can hook this up to a battery with some clips and then test the actuator? 

I have a Haynes manual with an electrical diagram, but I am not exactly sure what I'm looking at. Are there any decent resources for auto electrics that anyone can point me to?

Thanks for any help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users