ST220 Rear Shocks - Page 2 - Suspension / Wheels / Brakes / Steering (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

ST220 Rear Shocks

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12391 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

POPULAR

Hi

I find it crazy that they seem to squash the tube halfway up seemingly to provide extra clearance for rim / tyre.

Peter

When I fitted them I was going to check all the clearances, but your post has reminded me that I forgot to do it :)

The 220 also has a 2mm thick washer at the top fixing of the ARB to give extra clearance.

• gotta.turbo.it likes this
You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#12 gotta.turbo.it

gotta.turbo.it

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo ST220

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for all the replies to this thread, all be really helpful. Just searched that catalogue and am I right in saying the correct engineering number for the front shocks would be 1305647.

#13 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12391 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for all the replies to this thread, all be really helpful. Just searched that catalogue and am I right in saying the correct engineering number for the front shocks would be 1305647.

Correct shocks, but that is the finis number. The engineering numbers are the longer numbers that usually start with: 1S71 for normal mk3 Mondeos, and 2S71 for some parts, especially ST parts.

The finis number is a basic part number, the engineering number is more specific and the initial letters and numbers denote: what car, where the part was designed, what year of design etc. ;)

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#14 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12391 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:05 PM

For info, and a bit of trivia, here is an explanation of engineering numbers :)

http://vb.foureyedpr...rd-part-numbers

#15 gotta.turbo.it

gotta.turbo.it

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo ST220

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

Part number as per this listing.
8CDDB371-B706-4962-B029-EA268947B8D0.png

I assume both rear shocks are identical too.
If I ordered two of them £65 ones from ebay they would be correct.
That’s the same seller and eBay ad I bought mine from. It’s a Ford dealer, and genuine parts.

A43CA81B-7FA4-4EF0-91E7-440233FC0FF1.jpeg
I'll be ordering some shocks tonight, mate and was checking the e cat again and notice it says thats the part number for the saloon will the hatch be the same

Edited by gotta.turbo.it, 06 June 2020 - 04:06 PM.

#16 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12391 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:31 PM

Part number as per this listing.
8CDDB371-B706-4962-B029-EA268947B8D0.png

I assume both rear shocks are identical too.
If I ordered two of them £65 ones from ebay they would be correct.
That’s the same seller and eBay ad I bought mine from. It’s a Ford dealer, and genuine parts.

A43CA81B-7FA4-4EF0-91E7-440233FC0FF1.jpeg
I'll be ordering some shocks tonight, mate and was checking the e cat again and notice it says thats the part number for the saloon will the hatch be the same

Yes, saloon and hatch rear suspensions are the same, it’s only the estate that’s different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users