1.8 petrol duratec piston ring cleaning whilst head off - Mechanical (Mk2 Focus) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

1.8 petrol duratec piston ring cleaning whilst head off

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jarrmar

jarrmar

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:07 focus 1.8
  • Name:Mark

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:38 PM

good evening people,

I have a 07 focus 1.8 petrol duratec that was burning oil (topping up roughly 1l every month or so) this then developed into a misfire on cyl 4.

carried out a compression test all cyl roughly 120 - 125 psi except 4 which was zero.

couldnt carry out leakdown test as bloody great big hole on side of no. 4 exhaust valve.

whipped the head off and ordered new valve and valve seals gaskets etc.

Whilst the head is off and the engine is totally accessable what are your thoughts on whipping the sump off and popping the pistons out the top of the block and cleaning up the rings and oil control rings i know the 1.8 duras suffer from sticking rings and crap valve seals.

can i reuse the con rod bolts on the big end shells if so what torque settings ??

whats the best way to clean / unstick the rings

i am trying to cover all eventuallitys whilst the head is off any advice is appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users