What battery need too hahaha - Page 8 - Electrical (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

What battery need too hahaha

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#71 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 3883 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 21 April 2020 - 12:52 PM

I think it depends how long they've been in storage. Doesn't mean it's no good tho' just needs a long initial charge
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#72 hardy1812

hardy1812

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCi
  • Name:Ian

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:35 PM

Like I say it came fully charged 12.67v and checked it before I put it in and it was still 12.67v,, after it was left in me shed for a couple of days before fitting. On connecting to the car I retested it to see if I was getting a drain as the old battery kept on draining (4 days and down to 10.4ish volts sat doing nothing) this one after a day was still showing 12.6v so I’ll be keeping an eye on it over the next couple of days just to put my mind at rest that I ain’t got a parasitic draw

#73 HC56

HC56

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:00 PM

POPULAR

And I thought a car battery was just a battery ....now I don’t know what to buy ,,, will 3 AAA fit in the battery box

ignore the battery snobbery!...At end of day its a transit loaded with useless electrics from China...The “not so intelligent” charging seems to prefer between 70-75 mah calcium.in mine anyway?...just make sure you get guarantee...replaced battery last year...dead 2 days later...replacement was fine...As for ECP?... I never buy now unless seller is within head butting distance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mondy zetecs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users