Injector codes - Page 6 - Diesel Engines (Mondeo Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Injector codes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 slem87

slem87

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:35 AM

Just have these injectors checked. Much less trouble, trust me been there done that. And also you have EGR codes, and my question is that do you have the egr with a connector or without it. If with a connector then just try cleaning it with carburater cleaner but if u have the one without just buy a new one and try again it is quite cheap.

I've got the one with the connector... It's euro 4 but I think I don't have a DPF ... How good is a leak off test? A friend of mine said that it would not be very reliable... Still haven't had the time to clean that egr... I've got some decent contact cleaner so I'll give that connector a nice clean.
Thanks again

For TDCi Mondeos it is quite accurate. 

#52 viggen73

viggen73

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCI
  • Name:António

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:21 PM

Well I've cleaned the connector and I've got only one P0401 code until now.
Another question: could a carbon build up on the turbo geometry cause the flashing plug light?

#53 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 3883 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:35 PM

I've googled p0401 and it says egr. There are some YouTube vids for it.....
But looking back over this thread you probably know that anyway.
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#54 viggen73

viggen73

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:42 PM

I've googled p0401 and it says egr. There are some YouTube vids for it.....

Yeap I've yet to get the EGR cleaned. I've got everything but the time... Do you usually also clean the intake manifold?

#55 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 3883 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:08 PM

Well you can, but it's a bit of a mucky job. You might consider changing the 8 manifold gaskets at the same time.
Here's a useful guide...
https://www.fordwiki...d_Clearout_TDCi
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#56 viggen73

viggen73

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:43 PM

Well you can, but it's a bit of a mucky job. You might consider changing the 8 manifold gaskets at the same time.
Here's a useful guide...
https://www.fordwiki...d_Clearout_TDCi

Well it's been a bit of time since I last posted something on the thread.
Thanks to covid my intake manifold gaskets haven't arrived yet so the EGR cleaning has had many postponements...
Took a 400 miles trip this weekend and when I floored it overtaking a truck that f&#+&n light start flashing and went into safe mode. As soon as I could I pulled off and checked it: P0405 and P0132B...
Drive off and untill I reached my endpoint didn't show up again.
The next morning I went to check the the turbo and found out the rubber boot from the mass air to the turbo was knackered on the connection with the turbo. "Fixed" it with some duct tape and today I drove back home with any issues. I'm still going to check the ECU for codes but it drove nice.
Now the question: can that knackered rubber boot cause that error code?

#57 DavieWeegie

DavieWeegie

Mondeo Lover

• Members
  • 574 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCI 2005
  • Name:David

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

it might have been a combination of your EGR and the turbo hose, the p0132b related to boost pressure and as the MAP sensor is after the turbo it might have saw that there wasnt enough pressure in the system, I've not heard of this sending the car into limp mode but the EGR certainly can and thats what your p0405 is pointing at.

Performance Blue Mondeo ST TDCI 2005

#58 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28086 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:11 PM

Split boost pipes do not generally cause limp mode.  P132B will though. Sticky turbo

vanes is 95% the issue.

P0405 will usually put the engine light on but not limp mode. Is the EGR blanked?

EGR issues and Sticky vanes, the inlet sides probably quote bad. There is a picture of

someones EGR valve instead of a 2" (ish) hole it was clogged so bad there was barely

room for a finger.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#59 viggen73

viggen73

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:34 PM

Split boost pipes do not generally cause limp mode. P132B will though. Sticky turbo
vanes is 95% the issue.

P0405 will usually put the engine light on but not limp mode. Is the EGR blanked?

EGR issues and Sticky vanes, the inlet sides probably quote bad. There is a picture of
someones EGR valve instead of a 2" (ish) hole it was clogged so bad there was barely
room for a finger.

Well went to read the codes and got P401... Damn I have to get the intake gaskets...the vanes actuator has been refurbished because there are some blue ink marks but got no more P0132B...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users