What is behind the top middle pully on the ancillary belt? - Page 3 - V6 'Duratec' Petrol Engines (Mondeo Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

What is behind the top middle pully on the ancillary belt?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Steve_v6

Steve_v6

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 Mondeo 2.5L V6
  • Name:Steve

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

Correction,  while out on my exercising session,  I've just seen a person wearing a face mask lol.

The look of pure paranoia she gave me was incredible,  she looked terrified that another person was going to pass her and she actually moved over to put more distance between us pmsl.

Edited by Steve_v6, 15 March 2020 - 03:07 PM.

#22 Steve_v6

Steve_v6

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:23 PM

Ok, I checked my ps fluid level and I'm not loosing any at all, it's still bang on the max line,  where I topped it up too months ago.

I didn't think it was ps fluid, the smell is wrong and is engine oil.

Something I forgot about that happened to my old mondeo till ps fluid was mentioned was that I had the bung in the rack drain pipe come out and dump the systems fluid onto the exhaust so I know what it smells like.

It was very spectacular,  I was racing someone at the time and the exhaust was crazy hot,  the smoke that suddenly bellowed from my car was insane!

was the leading car, the person playing catchup soon backed off when he couldn’t see past his own dashboard lol.

The fix was easy, I wound a bolt into the pipe and clamped it with a jubilee clip and just refilled the system :)

#23 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:31 AM

Winding a bolt into a short length of pipe and clamping with a jubilee clip makes for a useful bung on a spout. I used that method when I had to disconnect the return on the ps fluid reservoir.... not my idea, read it on good old TF
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#24 Steve_v6

Steve_v6

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:07 AM

Winding a bolt into a short length of pipe and clamping with a jubilee clip makes for a useful bung on a spout. I used that method when I had to disconnect the return on the ps fluid reservoir.... not my idea, read it on good old TF

When mine let go it dumped the fluid onto the y pipe like a pressure washer,  I guess system pressure is higher when the engine rpm are high (I was at about 6000rpm at the time) and the smoke was like nothing I'd ever seen before lol.

I've just been though an mot and the bloke who tested it couldn’t figure out if my leak is coming from the top down or being thrown up ether, I need to get my paws on a pressure washer and give it a clean so I can track the leak that way.

Need to figure out my back bumper too, it's always had a rattle from my bass and been a bit loose in the up and down direction but now I've moved from two  12's to three 12's the rattle is off the chart lol.

#25 ancienttyres

ancienttyres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mk3 v6 petrol

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:31 AM

POPULAR

Correction,  while out on my exercising session,  I've just seen a person wearing a face mask lol.

The look of pure paranoia she gave me was incredible,  she looked terrified that another person was going to pass her and she actually moved over to put more distance between us pmsl.

I'm not trying to be funny here but can you blame her? You should be enacting social distancing too and wearing a mask out in public is just common sense. It's not one rule for them and another for you, they reckon the incubation period on this virus could be up to two weeks, and you may even be asymptomatic while being fully infectious. So there's no reason to be offended or surprised by someone avoiding you and giving you a funny look if you're heading straight for them with no mask on and not even remotely interested in keeping your distance. You could have the virus and not even know it yet, and if you pass that virus on you could be directly responsible for the death of one or more other people. Surly it's better then to be paranoid than risk infection and potentially dying as a result, isn't it?

Besides with the number of morons ignoring and deliberately flouting the rules that have been put in place, the more people that start to properly avoid each other and wear masks and take other precautions to prevent the spread of this virus the better, and the quicker this whole mess can be cleaned up. But at this rate that isn't going to happen any time soon thanks to the idiots and those with blasé attitudes.

• nicam49 and mondy zetecs like this

#26 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:25 PM

Nicely put, Ancienttyres! my son lives and works in Southern China and for 2 months I was able to send him PPE. Now that China is on top of the epidemic (for now) he's telling ME to be careful. This thing is real, AND it probably spreads not only from person to person but also randomly wind-born... look at how the Spanish flu pandemic spread in 1918-19 when there wasn't transatlantic travel like today.
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#27 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12919 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:28 PM

Nicely put, Ancienttyres! my son lives and works in Southern China and for 2 months I was able to send him PPE. Now that China is on top of the epidemic (for now) he's telling ME to be careful. This thing is real, AND it probably spreads not only from person to person but also randomly wind-born... look at how the Spanish flu pandemic spread in 1918-19 when there wasn't transatlantic travel like today.

You were doing well until you mentioned trans Atlantic travel :)

I rather suspect the US troops who brought the flu to Europe might just have sailed the Atlantic :)

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#28 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:46 PM

I rather suspect the US troops who brought the flu to Europe might just have sailed the Atlantic :)
Well, transatlantic kinda slipped off my finger...hows about transworld travel? If the virus can live for days on a surface, then they can blow around the globe and still be active, I'm thinking.
Just heard the breaking news about BoJo...this virus takes no hostages! Keep safe TFers!

#29 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12919 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:51 PM

Well, transatlantic kinda slipped off my finger...hows about transworld travel? If the virus can live for days on a surface, then they can blow around the globe and still be active, I'm thinking.
Just heard the breaking news about BoJo...this virus takes no hostages! Keep safe TFers!

Stop now :)

There was also a fair bit of trans world travel during the first world war :)

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#30 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:42 PM

The difference being that it would take weeks to get to, say, Oz instead of hours. Anyone carrying the virus would have died on board ship before arriving...? 🤔

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users