Emergency Assist Settings - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Emergency Assist Settings

emergency assist

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trev.a

Trev.a

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

I've just had my local dealer fix the Emergency Assist Malfunction message on my 68 Reg Ford Focus MK4 Titanium X Estate (1.5 Ecoboost Petrol Automatic).  This seems to have fixed the message appearing as well as the Stop/Start not working and the Voice control and incoming calls being inaudible as well.

Whist it was not working I tried a temporary solution from the internet of press the call button to start a call and then press it again to cancel the call.  This did seem to work sometimes.

Unfortunately when I was a little slow, the system reported it was placing a call to the previous owner!  I didn't realise it called other than emergency services and I thought the previous owners numbers were deleted from the phone book when I got the car.  Although their address was still shown as home location in the Satnav.

Reading the manual it says the after the phone settings in the sync3 settings screen there will be a section for Emergency Assistance to turn the system on/off or to specify the numbers that it should call  This section does not appear.  I have considered trying the master reset button but would this take off the update I did with a usb stick?

The Sync software is version 3.3.

I would appreciate any ideas you could give me to cure this other than take it back to the dealer wich would take weeks.

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users