Rear parking sensor failure - Electrical (Focus Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Rear parking sensor failure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 colinh

colinh

Megger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

62 plate focus 1.0 zetec estate with rear (only) parking sensors.

I've just had a message "Parking aide malfunction service required" on the display between the rev counter and speedo, so I though I have a look at the sensors and wiring.

All looks OK underneath- no wires hanging off, so I thought I'd pull off all connectors and dose them with switch cleaner.

I got the plugs off the sensors and the module inside the load area easily enough but can't get these two apart, under the car - behind the rear wheel arch.

P1030651.JPG

What is the bit with the red end anyway - is it a fuse ?

As its a compete system failure I assume its the module in the load area cubby hole.

Pulling out the fuse in the rear fuse box to reset the system doesn't fix it.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by colinh, 08 January 2020 - 12:25 PM.

~ Nov 12 1.0 ecoboost 125 zetec estate

#2 Northy

Northy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus 1.6 Titanium
  • Name:Neil

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

You're having the exact same issue I'm having on my 2011 focus titanium hatchback. Total rear sensor failure. I'm going to try the route you took about cleaning with switch cleaner. You haven't had any issues with water getting into the car at all have you? I had lot in the spare tyre bay and the two rear passenger foot wells are soaking wet. Was wondering if this may have caused or contributed to it.

#3 Northy

Northy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus 1.6 Titanium
  • Name:Neil

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:22 PM

Found this article, hope it might be useful.

https://www.fordowne...sor-blis-fault/

#4 marlok

marlok

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus
  • Name:Kev M

Posted 17 April 2021 - 02:30 PM

I had the same fault (but on a 10 sensor Titanium X) and went through the same diagnosis. I also cleaned up one corroded sensor and bought one on eBay for some substitution testing. Eventually I gave up and asked Ford whilst it was in on service. The fault was the rear harness (connecting all the rear sensors) and I've subsequently bought one, replaced it in about 10 mins and everything is back to normal. I buzzed out the old harness and the fault was detectable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users