Diesel Exhaust on a Petrol? - Page 2 - Exhausts / Induction (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Diesel Exhaust on a Petrol?

petrol duratec 1.8

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Koolkuts1

Koolkuts1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 Edge
  • Name:Aidan Hickman

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:08 PM

Looking at it the backboxes themselves are pretty much the same but the hangers are slightly different and the center box is pretty much the same too, the website Raynkar gave me is very useful. Unfortunately i cannot find the bore sizes but the other information has been very useful. I thank everyone.

In conclusion fitting a diesel exhaust would work but i would need to move the hangers and that means paying someone to do it anyway so i will probably end up just getting a custom built from powerflow. 

#12 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12920 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:24 PM

Looking at it the backboxes themselves are pretty much the same but the hangers are slightly different and the center box is pretty much the same too, the website Raynkar gave me is very useful. Unfortunately i cannot find the bore sizes but the other information has been very useful. I thank everyone.

In conclusion fitting a diesel exhaust would work but i would need to move the hangers and that means paying someone to do it anyway so i will probably end up just getting a custom built from powerflow. 

If you get the chance can you post a pic of your rear hanger?

On my diesel and petrol mondies the rear passenger side hanger was welded on and looks like this.

462E8C93-4D85-4000-B5FB-61D5BBE7BD19.jpeg

The drivers side hanger is bolted on, but the hanger itself was symmetrical with the passenger side.

44910722-27C2-4E4B-A32E-E58A04027CCA.jpeg

I know very little about the 1.8 mk3 so am just curious to see if it’s the same or different.

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#13 Koolkuts1

Koolkuts1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 Edge
  • Name:Aidan Hickman

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:47 PM

If you get the chance can you post a pic of your rear hanger?

On my diesel and petrol mondies the rear passenger side hanger was welded on and looks like this.

attachicon.gif462E8C93-4D85-4000-B5FB-61D5BBE7BD19.jpeg

The drivers side hanger is bolted on, but the hanger itself was symmetrical with the passenger side.

attachicon.gif44910722-27C2-4E4B-A32E-E58A04027CCA.jpeg

I know very little about the 1.8 mk3 so am just curious to see if it’s the same or different.

Couldn't get a decent picture but my hangers point in different directions to those one point to the back bumper and the other i couldn't see too well. The car sits quite low and i haven't got the tools to take the backbox off at the moment. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: petrol, duratec, 1.8

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users