Diesel Exhaust on a Petrol? - Exhausts / Induction (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Diesel Exhaust on a Petrol?

petrol duratec 1.8

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Koolkuts1

Koolkuts1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 Edge
  • Name:Aidan Hickman

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:21 PM

Hello all,

I have been looking for a while and have had very little luck, 

i am trying to find an performance exhaust for the 1.8 petrol mondeo mk3, yet i'm struggling to find any premades meaning i will more then likely have to get a custom one built which aren't cheap. 

However i have found there are a number of exhaust mods for diesels is there any way to rig a diesel exhaust to fit a petrol? I very much doubt it but worth a try asking i thought. 

QUICK DISCLAIMER:

Not sure what people are like on this fourm but just want to get this out there. All my mods are declared with insurance. I don’t care if you believe I should just get a faster mondeo it’s my choice to modify my car how I want (Free country and all). I don’t appreciate the rude comments I’m just coming for help from people with a better knowledge and I will help people when and where I can. Also I don’t use this as an excuse but want people to know before they comment, I’m dyslexic so I have really bad english.

#2 mondy zetecs

mondy zetecs

Clever Clauggs

• Members
  • 4208 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5l v6 2002
  • Name:Harry

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

Koolkuts you are on a decent Ford site, bar the odd over zealous know all,

it should be a good place to seek knowledge enjoy. 

Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 2014

#3 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 3013 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 C Max 1.6TDCi
  • Name:Mike

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

Just a quick look - Google " mk3 mondeo performance exhaust upgradet" and it should show sites that may have what you want.

#4 110mat110

110mat110

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk5

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:33 PM

I do not think that is possible fit whole diesel exhaust. Maybe rear part after flex. Diesels have turbo, so exhaust have different shape and routing.

#5 Mondygeek

Mondygeek

dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and no money

• Members
  • 3191 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3 (54) tdci
  • Name:Ben

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:44 PM

Hello all,

i am trying to find an performance exhaust for the 1.8 petrol mondeo mk3, yet i'm struggling to find any premades meaning i will more then likely have to get a custom one built which aren't cheap.
However i have found there are a number of exhaust mods for diesels is there any way to rig a diesel exhaust to fit a petrol? I very much doubt it but worth a try asking i thought.

QUICK DISCLAIMER:

Not sure what people are like on this fourm but just want to get this out there. All my mods are declared with insurance. I don’t care if you believe I should just get a faster mondeo it’s my choice to modify my car how I want (Free country and all). I don’t appreciate the rude comments I’m just coming for help from people with a better knowledge and I will help people when and where I can. Also I don’t use this as an excuse but want people to know before they comment, I’m dyslexic so I have really bad english.

Not a bad bunch of folk here compared to other forums with terrible language and people taking the Micheal. As long as you have a degree of common sense you'll get the help you need.
In regards the exhaust I think the silencers are the same (slight difference in shape but should fit) it maybe easy to by a universal silencer and have a garage fit it because it may need the bumper to be cut

#6 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12920 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:57 PM

Hello all,

QUICK DISCLAIMER:

Not sure what people are like on this fourm but just want to get this out there. All my mods are declared with insurance. I don’t care if you believe I should just get a faster mondeo it’s my choice to modify my car how I want (Free country and all). I don’t appreciate the rude comments I’m just coming for help from people with a better knowledge and I will help people when and where I can. Also I don’t use this as an excuse but want people to know before they comment, I’m dyslexic so I have really bad english.

Im not sure there is such a thing as a performance exhaust for a mondy that actually makes any difference.

Are you looking for extra hp or better looks?

It’s good to hear you declare all your mods, that has to be the best way to go, although when I tried to declare the 100+ on my last mk3 the insurers soon decided they only wanted to hear the major ones :)

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#7 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12920 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:00 PM

Koolkuts.

I have no idea what the exhaust set up is in the 1.8. Does yours have a silencer under the middle of the car?

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#8 Koolkuts1

Koolkuts1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 Edge
  • Name:Aidan Hickman

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

I appreciate all the nice comments, 

The 1.8 set up has the middle muffler / Resonator underneath. 

Ideally i'm after a bit more noise and a nicer look from the exhaust area, wasn't planning on taking the turbo back from a diesel i mostly meant back box and maybe the center pipe. Essentially after research there is no parts listed for my car so i wanted to know if they have the same setup to the diesel and if i could just buy a exhaust built for a diesel and fit it on. 

I must say you're all very kind i never got this treatment when i had my vauxhall... 

#9 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12920 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:55 PM

This should link to the Catcar page for a duratec 130 exhaust.

Scroll down for part numbers, or go back through the blue headings at the top to look for other 1.8 parts.

http://www.catcar.in...TEyNjQ3MDcyKzA=

#10 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12920 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:57 PM

This might be more than you plan to spend, but there is always this set up :)

59A108FF-329F-42BB-9C29-13C01770226C.jpeg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: petrol, duratec, 1.8

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users