Ford Torneo Custom 2014 Seat Belt Removal - Ford Transit / Tourneo / Connect Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford Torneo Custom 2014 Seat Belt Removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shanklyone

shanklyone

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Torneo
  • Name:John

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:40 AM

Hello forum!

I'm new to this so please bear with me if I've posted this in the wrong forum!
I have a Ford Torneo Custom 2014 and the dog has chewed clean through the front passenger side seat belt! 
A replacement from Ford is around £160 and my local garage will charge 1.5h labour to sort it - I'm looking at close to £300 all in.

There are companies you can send the complete assembly to and they will replace the webbing - around £50. I thought I would go down this route so started to look into taking the assembly out myself. I've pretty much done this apart from a single hex bolt holding the main assembly in but don't want to touch this until I've had some advice. There are wires attached to this part and I'm presuming its something to do with the pretensioner or airbag perhaps? Is it OK to simply unplug these and then remove the part? Will I run into problems with dashboard error messages upon fitting the new part (having plugged the wires back in)??
Just want to save myself a few hundred quid but don't want to end up paying more for my botched work!!
Thanks for any advice.
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users