2019 Transit Audio Wiring - Ford Transit / Tourneo / Connect Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

2019 Transit Audio Wiring

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trevaaaaaaa

trevaaaaaaa

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:06 PM

I am looking to replace the standard head unit with an after market one..its a single din enclosure.

The audio connector is different to my previous transit (see photos).

Anyone know the pinouts of the connector?..I would like to utilise the original microphone if possible.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191231_125821.jpg
  • 20191231_125832.jpg

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28478 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:55 AM

No off the shelf adapter cables available?  Usually available and not that expensive either.

Advantage of not having to chop and splice wires and easily unplug and revert back to

the original headunit later.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#3 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

agreed. audioleads (i think theyre called) make a patch cable for most to adapt from manufacturer wiring to standard ISO and, depending on the new unit, might even keep the steering wheel functions etc (but lose Phone connectivity unless the new unit has it). the basic adapter leads to convert power and speakers are usually about £10 on ebay, sometimes a bit more, and about £15 last time i looked, in Halfords etc. and takes about 5 mins to reverse instead of rewiring to change to another radio/refit original

#4 trevaaaaaaa

trevaaaaaaa

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

Yeah so I got one of ebay which has the permanent live (yellow) and ground (black) wired into the iso connector but the switched live (red) is wired into the iso connector but not into the ford connector (see pic) so I guess they expect you to wire this yourself, also when looking at the sony>iso cable for my headunit there is a wire for switched illumination but that connection is not represented on the ford>iso lead.

Had an issue when installing today when the sleeve on the bullet connector on the ebay lead moved slightly and exposed part of the connector, I think this may have touched a ground as I lost voltage and haven't managed to locate the fuse for this feed out of the 3 fuse boxes scattered around the fan.

I have gone with a headunit with a builtin microphone with the option of plugging in an external one.

If anyone knows where the fuse is on these that would be great as the handbook fuse layouts don't seem to be the same as the actual fuse boxes in the van :mad:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6504.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users