Steering Bolt Failure: Official Response from DVLA - Page 25 - Drivetrain (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Steering Bolt Failure: Official Response from DVLA

tsb recall corrosion rack failure

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#241 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5263 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:59 PM

That sounds a bit off
It is either ok and needs no attention.OR
It is ok but wrong spec bolts so needs new bolts and sealant.OR
Bolt(s) is/are broken and needs new rack, in which case they should not have released vehicle.
So it suggests it just needs latest bolts? - why have they not got these basic items on stock.
Suggest you get proof of exactly what they have done, and why, when it goes back in.

Edited by TreborB, 19 February 2021 - 09:02 PM.

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#242 tombchasser

tombchasser

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:49 PM

Mine went in earlier this week to have this done, also a software update apparently which I assume was 17E09 - 1.5L AND 2.0L DURATORQ DE-SULPHURISATION which shows up on ETIS.
Collected the car 5 hours later, all appeared fine.  Then today had a phonecall regarding the recall that needed doing, it's been done I said, no it hasn't apparently.
They did the 17E09 software update, although it still showing up on ETIS, and inspected it to see if the bolts needed changing (BS).

They now have the parts apparently and it will be getting done on Monday, no mention of this when I picked it up, I even got them to stamp the recall letter.
Time to change dealerships me thinks, twice it's been there for work and twice they have failed miserably.

Hi regards the 17E09 this was showing on etis for my car a while ago when it was required to have the battery  thing changed as a recall  but as these things  take time to disapear of etis from experience I didn't think anymore of it.

Now that I've checked for this recall I noticed that 17E09 is still there so clearly they didn't do that at the last recall NO SURPRISE THERE THEN !!! they won't collect the car they won't let you have a courtesy car you have to take time off work to get this stuff sorted and they only do 1 of the 2 jobs on the recall list poor service.

Have you noticed any issues with the running of your car as there was a warning from someone on another forum complaining that the car was running awful since having it done and even requested to have it reversed as it was so bad ??

Hope you get your bolts done next time around.

#243 ericthecat

ericthecat

Little Megger

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK5 Mondeo Tit 2.0

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:12 PM

Mine went in earlier this week to have this done, also a software update apparently which I assume was 17E09 - 1.5L AND 2.0L DURATORQ DE-SULPHURISATION which shows up on ETIS.
Collected the car 5 hours later, all appeared fine.  Then today had a phonecall regarding the recall that needed doing, it's been done I said, no it hasn't apparently.
They did the 17E09 software update, although it still showing up on ETIS, and inspected it to see if the bolts needed changing (BS).

They now have the parts apparently and it will be getting done on Monday, no mention of this when I picked it up, I even got them to stamp the recall letter.
Time to change dealerships me thinks, twice it's been there for work and twice they have failed miserably.

Hi regards the 17E09 this was showing on etis for my car a while ago when it was required to have the battery  thing changed as a recall  but as these things  take time to disapear of etis from experience I didn't think anymore of it.

Now that I've checked for this recall I noticed that 17E09 is still there so clearly they didn't do that at the last recall NO SURPRISE THERE THEN !!! they won't collect the car they won't let you have a courtesy car you have to take time off work to get this stuff sorted and they only do 1 of the 2 jobs on the recall list poor service.

Have you noticed any issues with the running of your car as there was a warning from someone on another forum complaining that the car was running awful since having it done and even requested to have it reversed as it was so bad ??

Hope you get your bolts done next time around.

The cars running fine, but I don't even know if they actually did that update because I wasn't given any documentation regarding it, I only have their word for it, which to be honest doesn't really mean much. 

I will be making sure I get proof though when I take it in tomorrow.

2015 2.0L Mondeo Titanium, Magnetic

#244 The_Bandit

The_Bandit

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo240

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:28 PM

POPULAR

Now back with new steering rack and all seems well.  Track rod ends included as well.

• KAZUYADOG, malford and TreborB like this

Ford Mondeo MK5 2.0 EcoBoost Titanium X (240)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsb, recall, corrosion, rack failure

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)