Issues with New Grand Tourneo Connect - Ford Transit / Tourneo / Connect Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Issues with New Grand Tourneo Connect

washers windscreen washers noise inside no pressure on washers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eddie37

eddie37

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

Hi All,

In the last few months I've purchased a new Grand Tourneo Connect Automatic (31st September 2019) and i have a few issues and queries, if anyone can help me.

Since I've had the vehicle, the front windscreen washers when first used seem like they have no pressure. If I pull the washer stalk, the water hits the window at about a quarter way up the windscreen (the water doesn't spray out) at a low pressure. If i realise the stalk and pull again the water squirts out at a much higher pressure covering the windscreen like I would expect it to. Does anyone body else have the same issue on their van? I have taken it back to the Ford garage and I was told that there was no issue "washers work as should"

The other issue I had was that the rear wash supply pipe which runs along the inside of the roof lining leaked all over the interior roof lining. This has been cleaned and they said they replaced a "check valve" (this happen a few weeks ago and I was hoping that the leaking of the rear wash was causing the front washer problem, but still it persists) I've had the car back for a week and no sign of the rear wash leaking, yet.

My other issue is that when I am driving I've got an annoying rattle/ scrapping sound from behind the Sync display unit (it is now getting louder). Again I reported this to the garage along with the other faults. But was told "No Fault Found" the fact that the car was not driven anywhere as I have the app on my phone that records mileage, position and fuel etc and showed that the car was only moved around the garage so was never looked into! Does anyone know if the cover direct behind the Sync display unit comes off (looks like its where a speaker should/could have been placed, the plastic has holes on it bit there not perforated), as I've tried to pry it off but it feels tight and don't want to force it and end up damaging the dash board. I used a trim removal tool but to no avail. There is a very small cover behind the display which i took off and removed two screws which made the screen loose but i couldn't remove. Looks like the screen needs to come out before this panel can come off, but i'm unsure. The noise is getting unbearable, I have to turn the radio on loud and the blowers on to drown the noise out!    

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you,

Eddie.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: washers, windscreen washers, noise inside, no pressure on washers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users