Sync 3 updated via Wi-Fi (UK) - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Sync 3 updated via Wi-Fi (UK)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Peter_B78

Peter_B78

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:S-Max Titanium AWD
  • Name:Peter Butler

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

I've seen people saying that the wi-fi functionality of Sync 3 isn't used for anything in the UK. But, in the past few months, I've had 2 updates to Sync 3 delivered over wi-fi.

First was a few months ago in my Edge, I started it up one day and got a message telling me Sync had updated.

The second was last night in my S-Max.

When I pulled on to the drive, when I got home after work, and Sync had connected to my wi-fi it popped up say that it was downloading an update. Going into the "Automatic Software Update" screen via settings showed which file it was downloading and a progress bar. I didn't see any progress in the few seconds I was watching and just got out and locked the car up as normal.

This morning when I started it up there was the message saying that Sync had updated. Settings showed the build number had gone to 19025.

I've only had the S-Max a couple of weeks and did manually download and update Sync and Maps in the first couple of days of owning it. Then I saw reports of a new Sync update having been released on 30th September. I've actually downloaded that on to a USB stick ready to install but, although the USB is in the car (not plugged in to anything) I hadn't yet had chance to do the update manually.

Checking my VIN on the Ford Sync Updates site shows that I am up to date so I guess I don't need to bother plugging in the USB now.

#2 Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Chatty Chap

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2016 Mondeo 2.0H
  • Name:Vlad Soare

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:11 AM

POPULAR

I've seen people saying that the wi-fi functionality of Sync 3 isn't used for anything in the UK. But, in the past few months, I've had 2 updates to Sync 3 delivered over wi-fi.

That used to be true until a couple of months ago, but in the meantime they released the wi-fi updates in Europe as well.

I'm glad to hear it's working fine. 

Edited by Vlad Soare, 09 October 2019 - 09:12 AM.

• TreborB likes this

#3 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1894 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:30 PM

I have MY16 Smax with Sync 3.0 but never seen any notifications. Funnily enough I downloaded the latest update from ford site the other day but need to extract to USB. I will see if I can do a manual check in the morning.

Could be I missed a version in between which has the over WiFi updates.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2004 Mondeo MK3 1.8 Zetec Hatchback in Panther Black

2013 Focus MK3 1.0 (125PS) Titanium in Panther Black + City Pack

#4 TreborB

TreborB

Powershifts Forever

• Members
  • 4795 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:54 PM

Other than Peter878 comments I have not heard of any one getting info message and doing a WiFi upgrade in the uk

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#5 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:04 AM

from experience of dads brand new Kuga (got at the start of September) when it was asking to be paired to the wifi, its reception is weak. i was picking up the wifi on my phone, inside the car, but the car couldnt pick up the reception from the same position!

#6 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5359 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:A4 & 2018 Fiesta

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:55 PM

Our mk8 fiesta seems to connect fine to our home wifi...
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#7 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

Our mk8 fiesta seems to connect fine to our home wifi...

my phone picks up dads wifi fine when im there visiting but his kuga struggles to get a reception from more than about 5 or 6 metres which is the distance from the wifi hub and the closest point at the roadside. if its parked in its usual place in front of the garage (garage wont fit the car in due to disability aids stored there) it wont pick up the wifi at all, yet my phone does, even if it is a weak signal.

#8 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1894 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

Go figure my WiFi wasn't even connected.

Connected it again and automatically started to download.

Not sure how long it takes will take but guess no longer need to download to usb.

As mentioned before I have MY16 Smax 20191011_125255.jpg 0bbe930003d700b7c5f50be24d941f76.jpg

#9 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1894 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

After about 30mins it look like nothing was happening so quickly did on USB instead as I was driving to the shops.

USB definitely faster method, signal should have been OK for the WiFi but it looks like it was just stuck on that first file. 20191011_141611.jpg

#10 davecm

davecm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk5
  • Name:David

Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:50 PM

My UK 66 reg Mondeo updated itself via wi-fi for the first time in last couple of days. No warning, no messages. Now on build 19205.

First I knew about it was on starting up this morning when a message said switching language to UK English. That lasted a minute or so. Then all the UK specific settings had been reset, temperature had changed to Fahrenheit and various other stuff. Speedo display disappeared off centre dash, and in-dial displays reset to defaults.

The only change in functionality I have noticed is that on switching off the engine, there's now a prompt each time for full or partial anti-theft alarm activation in the left hand dial settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users