Ford transit 350 2016 dpf - Ford Transit / Tourneo / Connect Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford transit 350 2016 dpf

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 i.hussain

i.hussain

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:46 PM

Dpf percentage display climbing too quickly over short journeys. Ford replaced dpf with recon unit. Still experiencing same problem.

Supreme diesel
55700 miles
2.2ltr

Can anyone help please as ford Evan's balshaw are useless.

#2 i.hussain

i.hussain

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

Dpf percentage display climbing too quickly over short journeys. Ford replaced dpf with recon unit. Still experiencing same problem.

Supreme diesel
55700 miles
2.2ltr

Can anyone help please as ford Evan's balshaw are useless.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

#3 i.hussain

i.hussain

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

This is the display I have. What percentage this goes to I dony know? I'm concerned it will block at 100 %b0eb95b580aa82d2363681e6cbb38523.jpg

#4 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:32 PM

POPULAR

they will climb fast on short trips. the engine needs to get up to temp and stay at temp long enough for it to initiate the active regen process, then have it run for long enough to do a regen. My 2010 Mondeo (which from what i can gather has the same system for regens) does a regen roughly every 400 miles. ive seen high soot loadings on mine (on Forscan) when the vapouriser in the exhaust failed (i saw readings of 300% if forscan is to be believed) but i had issues with limp mode and cutting out before any issues with the unit blocking. it might be worthwhile taking it for a good run out or get the appropriate cable and software and force a regen with Forscan.

• i.hussain likes this

#5 i.hussain

i.hussain

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for your advice. My dpf builds very quickly over a few days of driving. Does this display indicate when a regen is required or will the engine management light come on ? What warning will I be given. At the moment I'm constantly watching the percentage whilst driving.thank you for your reply in advance.

#6 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:24 AM

in the case of my car there is no meter on the on board display to watch how fast the levels build up. at engine speeds of 2000rpm or less generally it regens every 400 miles. whether yours is building up too fast will depend on the mileage you do. if i did 600 miles a day like i used to, id expect to get a regen daily!

now, when by vapouriser failed on my car, the soot levels, as previously stated, got up to 300% on forscan. when it was in that region, i would be driving, release the throttle to slow for a junction or similar and the engine would cut out, with a message saying 'engine overspeed detected' from memory. there is a fuse in the Mondeo that blows when the vapouriser is faulty also, although i would have expected Ford to have checked the vapouriser and fuse.

as for the filter regen, once i fitted the new vapouriser and fuse, i drove the car and it was on an almost permanent regen for quite a while (every time i drove it for a week or more) so i took the car out and drove it hard for about 80 miles (kept the revs up like i was on a trackday) and that cleared it, so they will run at well over 100% but the higher they go, the longer they will take to regen IF they will regen.

i also found that they seem to get to 40% or so quite quickly but after that they seem to slow down in the fill rate, so possibly they can never truly get to 0% depsite what the diagnostics or on board meters say.

#7 i.hussain

i.hussain

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:20 AM

Thanks pete
Will keep monitoring it.

#8 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28853 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:40 AM

Is it actively doing a regen?  I think the Forscan software 300% = Full is just down

to the coding i think, just needs to add a /3 = %?

Back to the OP,  find out what DPF system you have whether its a vaporiser in the exhaust or

whether it alters the fueling/timing of the engine to do the regen and make sure its working.

As above though lots of short journeys may require you to make sure you drive for 20 minutes 

or so after the engine reaches its max temperature. I do mostly short journeys and that works

for me.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users