Upgrading the rear lights from standard to LED type - Focus Mk4 Electrical - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Upgrading the rear lights from standard to LED type

1 reply to this topic

#1 mk3 cortina

mk3 cortina

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2019 Focus ST Line X
  • Name:David Smith

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:10 PM

Hi,

One of the things that I was disappointed with when I bought my ST Line X was that it didn't have standard LED rear lights unlike the Titanium X version. Didn't want to spend out on the LED headlights to get the rear ones so have bought a set of the LED type and fitted them.  The inner ones in the tailgate work perfectly but the outer ones aren't. The indicator is fine since that uses a bulb anyway. But the LED brake light part sort of works although is also coming on as a side light. The proper LED strip isn't coming on at all and a bulb on the top os coming on as a side light (not sure what this bulb is for actually as the side light is meant to be the LED strip ? 

Has anyone done this upgrade. Is it something that needs to be changed in the BCM or a wiring issue ?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190927_184928.jpg

#2 farrells

farrells

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4 Focus Titanium
  • Name:Scott

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if you ever got this fixed and how? looks like it could be a pin connection different on the led or forscan update?

I've got a MK4 with LED on the rear, but have halogens on the front and would love to get LED's instead to match the leds on the back.

I've been told its probably not possible as the pin connections would be different so probably end up with the same\similar issues you had on the rear.

I cant find anybody online that has ever posted they have successfully upgraded from halogen to the genuine ford led fixed matrix (Not the adaptive leds) for the front.

I know you can get the Chinese version that look very similar but these will invalidate the warranty as soon as a dealer sees it and I don't want that as I've had already had 2 warranty repairs.

Was just really curious if anybody has tried this or knows if its been done on the front from halogens to led successfully?

Thanks,

Edited by farrells, 22 June 2020 - 07:47 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users