Bootlid switch with Numberplate LED issue - Electrical (Focus Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Bootlid switch with Numberplate LED issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Calgacus

Calgacus

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:focus
  • Name:P Weir

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:20 AM

Hi

I've had this issue for a while now, the Numberplate LED does not come on but it does work when voltage is passed through it.

boot switch is on same circuitboard and works fine. not sure if its related but the interior lights are also dont come on most of the time

all fuses have been checked

Anyone seen this issue before

Any help welcome

Thanks

Calgacus

#2 Master-of-none

Master-of-none

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 1575 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1.0 125PS Focus Ti

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:13 PM

POPULAR

Have you looked at the spare wheel?

sounds weird, but the boot sides and wheel well can fill with water from the rear air vents, this could cause electrical problems as there is a fuse board and connectors behind the left side panel. Worth checking for water or loose wires in them.

• Calgacus likes this
Weaselling out of things is important to learn,it's what separates us from the animals Except the weasel

#3 Calgacus

Calgacus

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for the reply

I will check this out today

#4 Calgacus

Calgacus

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:11 AM

POPULAR

Sorry for the very late reply...no excuse just not been online much. Thanks Master your suggestion was indeed correct, water had pooled in the wheel well as corrosion on the fuse board... This has been resolved and i have had no further issues.

I do however have another little issue i am tackling now. Both interior cabin lights in the roof lining will not light up.

for a while it was intermittent,then only the rear one would come on when doors open or button pressed.

Now both will not come on. Both bulbs replaced with known good ones. and the fuse tests fine. From what i can find online the fuse is the on in the passenger footwell ?

The strange thing is the front light has a button to disable the lights and when pressed the button lights up fine indicating its ok.... but no matter what i try i cannot get interior lights to work

This one is driving me crazy lol

Any advise much appreciated

• Schmill likes this

#5 Schmill

Schmill

Schmill

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2012 2.0 Focus TDCi

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:03 AM

Calgacus, was this the fuse box on the left of the boot?
Where had it corroded, and is it easy to check? I already have the trim & insulation stripped of as I'm in the process of dealing with the water ingress too.
Every time I turn the lights on/off (and so the numberplate light would come on) the boot unlatches... 😕

2002 52 5 door Mondeo Ghia 2.0 TDCi 130 Mk3
2000 X 4 door Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol 100

2009 59 C-Max Titanium 1.8 TDCi 125 Mk1-Facelift

2012 62 5 door Focus TitaniumX 2.0 TDCi

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users