De-cat question? - Page 2 - Exhausts / Induction (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

De-cat question?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12924 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:04 AM

So lots of useful info above and all points are valid. I will say I've gone through 3 mots now with my decat and straight through twin exhaust. Before fitting the straight through exhaust I just simply fitted a decat to a standard exhaust and there was absolutely no difference in sound or "performance". It's your motor to do what you want with so I'd say go for it if that's what you want. Easy to fit from ramps. 8 bolts in total, you'll need some exhaust paste too

Your twin exhaust on a TDCi????
Which one did you get or is it a custom one mate. Would really like a twin exit on mine but don’t know if there is one that’ll fit (220 maybe)
The rear ends from a 3.0 V6 mondy is a straight fit to the car, and as it's a factory items it looks right too. 3.0 litre exhausts are cheaper to buy than 3.0 litre 220 exhausts.
All you would need is a second exhaust hanger and bracket. Its up to you whether you fitted a 220 rear bumper, had downward facing tail pipes or cut your current bumper :)
Twin pipes on a diesel.F7F4072A-13A0-4AEB-9C52-6A5F13DE7643.jpeg
Second hand oem exhausts can be bought very cheaply.
I've been looking around for 1128572 (the bolt on hanger found on the 220) I've browsed the web and can't seem to find any! Any chance you know where I could source one?
Here is a pic of it.
25F52BC2-FF56-4F71-8B11-5C797C1A0E8A.jpeg

I would suggest joining a Mondeo ST facebook selling page, you would be able to pick one up very easy.

I won't give recommendations, but two well known facebook sellers are: Lee Churms and Anthony Hough.

You could also try the 'allcarpartsfast' website. The last time I looked at their site they had them listed, but I didn't contact them to see if they were in stock.

Edited by raynkar, 25 September 2019 - 08:10 AM.

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#12 mondy zetecs

mondy zetecs

Clever Clauggs

• Members
  • 4208 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5l v6 2002
  • Name:Harry

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:37 AM

https://store-d0b3c....e.com/cart.php#

Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users