Keyless Entry - Focus Mk4 Electrical - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Keyless Entry

7 replies to this topic

#1 MK123

MK123

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:03 PM

Has anyone experienced any issues with their keyless entry? I find it locks and unlocks fine for me on the driver’s door and the boot, but doesn’t work most of the time on the three other doors. No pattern to it, although when it does work correctly it tends to be a warm and sunny day (maybe it’s related to moisture or a faulty keyless entry module). I’ve booked the car into the dealer next month to get this looked at, but would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this and, if you have, if you managed to find a solution. Thanks.

#2 MK123

MK123

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:22 AM

If anyone is having/had the same issue you may be interested to know that I took the car to the workshop and was advised that battery has to have at least 60% charge for the keyless entry to work on all doors.

#3 ianincheshire

ianincheshire

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:10 AM

Yes, I've had the same issue occasionally and concluded it was related to battery charge state. It's usually combined with stop-start not operating.

#4 Nician

Nician

Megger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 12:37 PM

Came out to my 2020.25 Vignale hatch this morning to find keyless entry or locking not working on the front passenger door! It’s been working fine up until today afaik.
Drivers door all works as advertised.
I have just got the car back from Ford who lowered the headlining searching for a rattle. Surely this can’t effect the keyless entry function can it?
Anyone have any clues? Phone call to Ford I believe

#5 Nician

Nician

Megger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:01 AM

Soooo......I drove the 20 or so miles to work next morning, stop/start not working. When I arrived at work, my passenger side keyless starts working perfectly!
After work on my way home, stop/start works perfectly too!!
Could it all be the result of the battery being disconnected??
Mystery to me.

#6 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5323 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:41 AM

If the battery charge is below a certain level stop start does not work.
Are you only driving around town
Do you not use your veh for a few days

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#7 soprano54

soprano54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Focus ST
  • Name:Andy

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:23 PM

Has anyone experienced any issues with their keyless entry? I find it locks and unlocks fine for me on the driver’s door and the boot, but doesn’t work most of the time on the three other doors. No pattern to it, although when it does work correctly it tends to be a warm and sunny day (maybe it’s related to moisture or a faulty keyless entry module). I’ve booked the car into the dealer next month to get this looked at, but would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this and, if you have, if you managed to find a solution. Thanks.

The keyless entry function only operates on the two front doors! Today l also noticed that my passenger door isn’t working . . . . Grrrr! To that end l’ve got it booked in towards the end of the month as the guy who checked it seemed think it was sensor related but having read some of these posts l’m beginning to think the same - battery! I know systems start to close down as the battery life depletes ie parking lights, stop/start but l didn’t realise it would effect keyless entry, everday’s a school day!

2019 Focus ST Hatchback, Ruby Red, Performance Pack

#8 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5323 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:44 PM

If possible fully charge the battery with a decent charger, that should rule the battery out.
The fault you have does not sound like a battery problem to me
If a battery is good you should be able to leave a vehicle for at least 6 or 7 weeks

Edited by TreborB, 05 January 2021 - 06:45 PM.

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users