Flexi downpipe - Page 2 - Exhausts / Induction (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Flexi downpipe

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 DavieWeegie

DavieWeegie

Mondeo Lover

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCI 2005
  • Name:David

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

i just replaced my flexi last weekend with the exact section in ray's second picture, didnt come witht he o ring gasket but for 20 quid and 3 quid for the gasket it works perfectly.

Performance Blue Mondeo ST TDCI 2005

#12 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

Trouble is there are 2 different diameters (and therefore flange sizes) .. you won't know if it's right till you offer it up. Then it's a hassle if you've bought it online.
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#13 DavieWeegie

DavieWeegie

Mondeo Lover

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:31 PM

the one in the picture is correct, thats twice ive bought from the same seller and both times its been bang on, whatever pattern they use is the right one.

#14 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:25 AM

the one in the picture is correct, thats twice ive bought from the same seller and both times its been bang on, whatever pattern they use is the right one.

It's not for you to say that part is the right one for the OP just 'cos it was right for you. As I pointed out earlier there are TWO different sizes (bore and flange) stocked by ECP, who are also NCP (which are ECP's online only version) and it was only by trial and error did they supply the correct one eventually. In this case the OP has been made aware of this fact, and it's upto them to decide or take another course of action. It's buyer beware not do it 'cos I say so. Not dissing your opinion, you understand, just saying....🤔
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#15 DavieWeegie

DavieWeegie

Mondeo Lover

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

I mustve just got lucky then, I bought one for my 2.0 tdci ghia, and 2 weeks ago bought one for the 2.2 tdci st, both times it was bang on. Ive worked on a few Mondeos now and never seen a diffrent bore or flange on any of them. You learn something new everyday though :)

#16 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

POPULAR

I'll dig thro' my receipts and see if I've still got the part number. I know that the gasket from ECP was also too small and I had to get the right one from Ford by giving the vin. Hopefully the OP will update this thread and let us know how they got on.
  • DavieWeegie likes this

#17 Flynn50

Flynn50

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 130 TDCi
  • Name:Andy Bell

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:02 AM

I think I'm just gonna go with the Ford part. Even searching with the VIN gives a lot of "equivalent to" or "substitute for" results so I'm not really any further forward.

The last thing I want is to be p*ssing about returning parts with it up on the ramps

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#18 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4269 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:18 PM

I think I'm just gonna go with the Ford part. Even searching with the VIN gives a lot of "equivalent to" or "substitute for" results so I'm not really any further forward.

The last thing I want is to be p*ssing about returning parts with it up on the ramps

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Don't blame you. Don't forget the gasket ring too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users