New Focus Ambient lighting - Focus Mk4 Electrical - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

New Focus Ambient lighting

ambient interior lighting

8 replies to this topic

#1 Trev.a

Trev.a

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

I've just taken delivery of a '68 reg Focus MK4, 1.5 Ecoboost Titanium X Estate with 8 speed auto transmission.  This was bought via a Ford Dealer from Ford Direct and all the specifications I have seen say that all Titanium and Titanium X models  have Courtesy light - Ambient LED courtesy lighting (Crystal Blue lighting), footwell area, inner door levers, door map pockets, front and rear map reading lights, instrument panels.

On mine the only blue lighting, apart from the switches and buttons on the dashboard  is in the bottom of the cup holders, there are none in the doors or the footwells.

I can find no switches for this in settings or in the Sync system.

Has anyone any advice please, or is this not fitted to estates or automatics?

Thanks  

#2 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5324 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:59 AM

Hi, I have just downloaded a MK4 full brochure from Ford uk official site.

Yes, it does say for Titanium and Titanium X it has what you say

Any info in your Handbook? IF the lighting is adjustable, it will be in the H/B, as it is in the Mk5 Mondeo H/B

Can you access Ford ETIS to see the build spec. If not, and you want it, send me your reg via a PMessage and I will do it and send it to you

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#3 Trev.a

Trev.a

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

TrevorB

Thanks for your reply.

The only info in the manual about ambient lighting is "Adjust the Ambient lighting using the touchscreen."

Unfortunately I can't find anything in the information panel or the touchscreen relating to ambient lighting.

Thanks for your offer to send the Ford ETIS info. I don't have access and now I believe you you need to be a registered dealer or independent trader to gain access so I would really appreciate the info. The reg is on its way.

Once again, thanks.

#4 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:A4 & 2018 Fiesta

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:52 PM

If the LED's have individual lighting control it maybe that some of them might be turned down. According to the html version of the manual it is in settings/ambient lighting

Edited by chriscatt, 08 May 2019 - 02:53 PM.

2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#5 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5324 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

Info sent Trev

Etis does state - 

• Interior Lighting-Ambient LED
  •  With Footwell Lights

I am not up to speed on the Mk4 Focus - footwell lights could mean footwell lights that only come on when you open a front door

However, as said earlier - the Ford brochure does say as per your comments in post one and the pictures in the brochure also suggest same

It could be that only the Vignale has "adjustable" lighting via touch screen 

Edited by TreborB, 08 May 2019 - 04:45 PM.

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

#6 Trev.a

Trev.a

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the replies.

It appears it should have ambient lighting and I think I can see where the actual led lights are under the dashboard and in the door handles if not in the map pockets So it's over to the dealer to sort out.  I'll post what happens.  I did see on the internet somewhere that Ford were cutting back on ambient lighting at the start of 2018 cars, so mine could be affected by that even if it was manufactured in October last year.

Thanks for your help.

#7 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5324 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

Thank you for the update.
It won't be the first time brochure/spec sheets are wrong.
Possibly compare with another veh same model derivative.
I think with the spec you have it should deffo have ambient lighting in front foot Wells or at least footwell lights that come on when you open front doors.

#8 Trev.a

Trev.a

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:10 AM

POPULAR

Thanks for all the help.  Took the car to the dealer and apparently there was a loose wire in the drivers door causing the ambient lighting to fail on that door. All sorted now.

• chriscatt and TreborB like this

#9 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5324 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:24 AM

Thats brilliant - sorted.

Many thanks for "closing" thread by advising the outcome - so many people don't, and it is a nuisance

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users