Electric windows - bounce-back! - Focus Mk4 Electrical - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Electric windows - bounce-back!

No replies to this topic

#1 ianincheshire

ianincheshire

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else had the same problem.
Drivers side windows one-touch up wouldn't work and if up button was held then window bounced-back open when reaching the top. Only way to close window was to 'inch' it up with short presses of the button.
Tried the normal down, hold, up, hold etc to reset but no joy, every time went up would bounce-back. One solution found on the web suggested that the module needed power removing when operating to 'reset'. Tried to find the passenger compartment fuse box, managed to remove felt cover under glovebox but no fuse box I could see!( That's another problem )
Anyway found another supposed solution, hold the up button and let the window bounce until stops, repeat 3 times..
Well what do you know, it actually works, on the 3rd up it closes properly and now one-touch works. Repeated on rear window since fault affected both windows and now everything works ok.
I suspect the problem was caused originally due to an update when the car went in for its 1000 mile check up last week.

Edited by ianincheshire, 18 April 2019 - 01:08 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users