Help Intermittend Fault - Diesel Engines (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Help Intermittend Fault

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LGG181118

LGG181118

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Nat K.

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:51 PM

Good Evening Everyone, (Unsure if this is the correct place to post this question)

I am looking for some advice and to see if anyone has had a similiar experience that could help me identify the fault on my car.

I currently have a Ford Mondeo 65 plate Titanium that every coupe of works does not start. As far as I can tell it is after a couple of stops e.g. drive from home to asda, asda to family members then refuses to start. It will eventually turn over and start but this can take between 30mins - 1 hour!

It has been into the garage a few times but as there is no faults showing on the ECU computer there isn't anything that they can do about it. The last time I broke down, I called the garage out ... it did not start the first time however did the second but they still say they cannot do anything about it until the fault happens when they have the car!! This is very frustrating!

When the garage manager was out to the last breakdown he mention something about there possibly not being enough wind build back up in a certain part and if i stalled the car it should then allow it to start again without having to sit and wait or keep trying. He seemed pretty confident that he knew what the issue was however now that they have my car they are unable to repair it until the computer tells them something!!

My car is a push button start and I never run with the automatic stop/start on. I am not sure what other information you guys would need to help me identify what could be the issue.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction of where to start trying to find the fault and if this is a costly issue?

Thanks in advance.

#2 bunkum

bunkum

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondo
  • Name:Mick Flynn

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:27 PM

something i read about before on a fault like this was related to fueling ... ie the chap it was happening to discovered through his mechanic that the fuel ing was being cut to the filter due to an air leak in either the fuel line of a bad clip on the fuel chamber and the motor would build up a pocket of air in or around the fuel filter and when the circumstances were right the motor would draw in air and stall .. and due to fuel starvation it would take around fifteen to twenty minutes of cranking to get fuel flowing up to the pump and then the motor would run fine until it drew in sufficient air to cause the problem again . hopefully its something like this . check the fueling i guess

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users