Panel housing switch wires - mk2 in mk1 - Electrical (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Panel housing switch wires - mk2 in mk1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldFordsNO

OldFordsNO

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Granada

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:17 AM

Anyone who knows how to build a mk2 panel housing into a mk1?

On the switches for the heated windows the colors are almost the same.
On the rear window heater switch, the mk1 have a violett/white wire and the mk2 a black/white wire, rest is the same.
On the windshield heater switch the colors are the same on both.

Anyone have a tip for the clock wires?
Pictures of mk1 and mk2.

Attached Thumbnails

• Snapchat-1991885686.jpg
  • Snapchat-2059866068.jpg

Taunus 12m P4/P6, Granada mk1/mk2, Scorpio(UK Granada), Mondeo mk1

#2 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

i cant be sure as i dont have any diagrams etc (or access to them anymore) but as the mk 2 essentially doesnt exist and its a facelift of the mk1 (much like the mk5 Cortina never existed officially it was just a facelifted mk4) then id imagine that the clock, switches etc should all be plug and play, assuming they didnt modify the actual shape of the plugs on the back of them.

if you are adding things that werent fitted at the factory, without a diagram or another car to compare with, i cant help any further, im afraid

#3 OldFordsNO

OldFordsNO

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Granada

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:23 PM

i cant be sure as i dont have any diagrams etc (or access to them anymore) but as the mk 2 essentially doesnt exist and its a facelift of the mk1 (much like the mk5 Cortina never existed officially it was just a facelifted mk4) then id imagine that the clock, switches etc should all be plug and play, assuming they didnt modify the actual shape of the plugs on the back of them.

if you are adding things that werent fitted at the factory, without a diagram or another car to compare with, i cant help any further, im afraid

Different plugs.

Taunus 12m P4/P6, Granada mk1/mk2, Scorpio(UK Granada), Mondeo mk1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users