Ford Automobiles Forum banner

2006/55 plate 2.2TDCI Ghia. For Sale.

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  nicam49 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well as you all probably know I am LAZY! :) So this needs a bit of tidying, but lots to offer.

Approx 151k miles, MOT Early January. I only do sub 4k miles a year. Serviced in June where i also had them replace a

noisy wheelbearing and fitted a silicone boost hose that i purchased for my previous car.

Need to sort the pictures,

Owned since Jan 2015 i think? I fitted the towbar soon after and towed my 1100kg caravan to the

lakes and cornwall. Pulls like a train as you would expect. (7 pin socket with the additional S socket

fitted but not wired up). (get used to that :D )

Bury Bluetooth Handsfree kit (can you guess)? Its working but as it didnt have the 2 steering control

wires, I did a temp install and its just tucked into the glovebox, yep that was 3 years ago :). It works

bluetooth connects and i can receive calls which is all i needed.

Since obtained the old Bury unit from my old car which does have the 2 additional connectors.

Err what else, Crap at adverts... Usual Ghia trim folding puddle mirrors, Front Fogs NS with crack i have

a good spare you can have.

There is an addon reverse sensor kit but that stopped working recently. Guessing a loose wire to the reverse

lights. 3 keys 2 standard remote keys and an additional MK4 style folding key with the tibbe blade.

16" alloys good tyres, Standard steel spare with like new tyre. Used only by my sister when she got a

puncture and her spare was having a punture repaired.

I will get some decent pictures uploaded soon, As usual they offered silly money as part ex, I think its

worth far more. So if anyone is interested and wants to make an offer.... Needs to go fairly soon

though. They are just sorting a few bits on the replacement and i have figures with and without the

part ex.

Bad bits, notchy steering in that centre position. That went away whilst touring cornwall recently, where

it was used a lot everyday. But since its been parked up for periods again it has returned. Needs tracking

but i was going to get the steering sorted when i thought about a change of vehicle.

Scuff on drivers door and a deep scratch on the rear bumper which was there when i bought it, but because its platinum metallic i didnt trust them to do a decent job because it changes colour in different lights. MOT says grey.

I think there is plenty of life in the old girl yet and for someone fitter and less lazy than me it should serve

you well.

£950 ??? Offers

The 140bhp MK4.5 felt really sluggish compared to this.

Shame to see it go through the part ex and auction where its likely to end up.

Offers?

EDIT 13/03/2021 Nephew bought this in 2019 and is not selling it due to the clutch master failing and used that as an excuse to buy a 2.2 XSport MK4.5.

Offer him £300... MOT until 15/12/2021.. Going to get scrapped soon if no takers.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just posting to see the thread count, No new pictures yet. Cannot find pictures i recently

took whilst on holiday.

They end up on the NAS and lost forever :)

Why is the drive home in the old car after buying a new one always bring on the question

of WHY an i swapping? :) Just me?

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
You've been toying over the idea for long enough now and unless you do it then you'll never know. If you ever fancy another mk3 then you can get them cheap enough. I've got to be honest I am going to test drive a car Friday afternoon which is a vauxhall (dives for cover) but is a 2017 astra 1.6 turbo 200ps Ltd edition. I've been an astra man since my first car and the only thing that's kept the mondeo in my possession is just the shear power.
Derby is now going against diesel engines and I only drive locally so a petrol is more suitable now as I do lots of stopping and starting

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Don't fancy a nice 2.2TDCI Ghia estate then. :)

Forums gone really quiet over the last couple of years, this would have been snapped

up at one time.

Expected the MK4 section to be bustling with activity but most of the stuff

is 4 years old.

#5 ·
Just posting to see the thread count, No new pictures yet. Cannot find pictures i recently
took whilst on holiday.

They end up on the NAS and lost forever :)

Why is the drive home in the old car after buying a new one always bring on the question
of WHY an i swapping? :) Just me?
None of my business, Purple, but just WHY are you swapping it/have you swapped it?

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Shhhh... :)

Business spec with Nav etc..

Been pondering a MK4 for a while and this ones high miles but a good price. 63 plate.
Getting them to do the belt and waterpump so thats one job i wont have to do.

Wanna buy my old one? :) (going to ask everyone) lol

I would rather someone on here had it than let them take it to auction.

#7 ·
I can see the mk3 section of TF being pretty much dead before too long :(

There are lots of mk3 Facebook groups, but just so many posts seem to be about making the mk3 better by painting random parts bright colours or covering the car is extra stickers and badges.

#8 ·
You've been toying over the idea for long enough now and unless you do it then you'll never know. If you ever fancy another mk3 then you can get them cheap enough. I've got to be honest I am going to test drive a car Friday afternoon which is a vauxhall (dives for cover) but is a 2017 astra 1.6 turbo 200ps Ltd edition. I've been an astra man since my first car and the only thing that's kept the mondeo in my possession is just the shear power.
Derby is now going against diesel engines and I only drive locally so a petrol is more suitable now as I do lots of stopping and starting
As a general run about to get from A to B the Astra is a good car, when we had one as a hire car last year it did everything as it should, did nothing wrong and everything worked, it was just a bit boring though. Just the same as the Clio from a few years before, worked and did everything properly, but uninspiring.

The 2017 Astra compared to the Focus I have now was chalk and cheese for road handling, the Focus is a whole level above the Astra and rock solid. That said, if you are only pottering around going from A to B any car will do the job. :)

A brand new Dacia Sandero Ambience is only £7700!

#9 ·
The whole forum appears to be thin on the ground lately. I expected there to be lots

of fresh stuff on the MK4 section but mostly older threads.

Checked haynes and they only list the MK4 upto 2011. I know some things on the

engines changed like the EGR valve position etc. Wonder if it covers that change?

Read the other day that the MK4 got outsold by the Insignia, I was tempted to go and

look at some insignia's. Dealers that had 1 Mondeo often had 2 or 3 Insignia's.

#10 ·
Oh well, fair enough then. No contest! I'm hanging onto mine as long as poss because of the sunroof (sorry Purple) and it still goes. And because of the knowledge base on TF (thanks, guys) that gives me the confidence to do quite a lot of jobs on it myself. Raynkar, the way you're going, yours'll be brand-new again before you know it :)

#11 ·
Where did everyone goto? Compuwiz and all those? Job fitting lights in Blackpool?

Or was his car brighter than the trams :) Som egreat ideas on his LED fitment.

My experience with them (Cheap Chinese) were not great and i gave up early.

#12 ·
If raynkar sells his mondeo the description would be great..... "better than new with a few more miles"
What more do you need lol.

My 1999 astra 1.4 was heaps of fun, it would slide easily in the wet but not kill me. The mondeo however is useless in a skid. When we had some snow (beast from the east) I was going around an average sized island and thought "its 3am and clear" so I gave the handbrake a small tug, safe to say I exited the island at the wrong junction facing the wrong way! But the chassis is great because it never let's go of the rear end In wet weather
Purple just keep the mk3 and be done with it. The mk4.5 is overrated anyway :)

#13 ·
Oh no.. Dont say that lol... And dont go searching for the post where i commented

that top gear said the Mondeo is the best car and they all agree on that which is rare.

Then they quickly say the Old one meaning the MK3 :)

Ive had the old estate in a 4 wheel slide, exit the bend 1001% not a roundabout :)

Perfect slide, steer and keep the power on, perfectly lined for the straight :)

Khumo tyres on at that time 130 diesel estate.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
#15 ·
Nephew purchased this car from me not long after i pulled it from sale but he

has now bought a MK4 2.2 Titanium X Sport.

It's gained a few parking scrapes and needs a clutch master cylinder, this failed

on the way home the other day and he used that as an excuse to buy the X Sport.

Engine is still strong and runs well mileage is now around 182k. There is some

oil around the front near the EGR, its not the pipe because that is a silicone

one. May need the EGR to manifold gasket. There is a set of 8 manifold to head

gaskets in the car.

Offers before he scraps it which would be a huge shame...

Needs to go quickly though.

#16 ·
MOT until 15th December 2021....

Going to be a big shame that this one is getting scrapped. Ghia

spec

with good working Sony stereo... Auto lights and Wipers and Folding mirrors..

Going to get scrapped very soon if no takers...

Offers......... Ignore the price in the first thread that was my selling price.

He wants much less.

Fairly sure £300 will get it.. I can supply the tools to swap the master cylinder.

#17 ·
I can see the MK3 Mondy massive, becoming minor ! ????

It's rarity is now becoming obvious, considering how many are being scrapped, broken up etc. and the very few I see on the road.

This bodes very well for us Mondeo MK3 faithfuls. I remember reading articles saying, the MK3 will assume classic status in time to come. That time is ticking rather fast now. ????

#18 ·
Yep and this one is worth saving I think. Just needs the clutch master cylinder and

a good service probably.

He was commuting from Birmingham to Milton Keynes daily until the clutch master

failed.

Dodgy garage said he needed a new clutch and flywheel and slave and a load

of other items. Err no its the master cylinder you could hear it when you

press the pedal. A few days later the master cylinder fails.

He spots a 2013 XSport 2.2 with 200BHP and he is in love.. :D My old faithful

is now inches from the scrappers.

#20 ·
Sadly it looks like its going to get scrapped. I will start a thread in the Parts Section.

#21 ·
But with 170k on the clock, it's going to be new clutch anytime soon. Pity, as its barely run in.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.