Ford Sync3 software update. - Page 2 - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford Sync3 software update.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:A4 & 2018 Fiesta

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

Right so weeks later the message came up that the update has completed and to remove the usb card. I did this and checked the correct file containing the VIN number was on the card, which it was, so I uploaded that to the sync website and it confirmed our software was up to date.
Got into the car again the other day and it told me a update was in progress and not to remove the card, but no USB device or card is connected.
What on earth is going on, all the sync systems appear to be working ok but we still keep getting this update message now...

Edited by chriscatt, 23 August 2019 - 04:36 PM.

2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#12 gaskell71

gaskell71

Little Megger always willing to help.

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Mondeo 2.0tdci

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

I don't have sync 3 or sync in my car, but I looked to see if there is a way to create an ISO image of the download file, and can across this site from USA. It seems you need to reqister but look like there is a download you can but on to a usb stick and update that way, have a look it maybe useful for you all.

https://owner.ford.c...up-to-date.html

#13 Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Chatty Chap

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2016 Mondeo 2.0H
  • Name:Vlad Soare

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:11 AM

POPULAR

Owner.ford.com is dedicated exclusively to American cars. It doesn't work without registration, and you cannot register unless you have an American VIN. And to make matters worse, it's always among the first sites to appear in Ford- and Sync-related Google searches, despite being completely useless to the entire non-American world. I often append "-owner.ford.com" to my Google search phrases.

• TreborB likes this

#14 davecm

davecm

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk5
  • Name:David

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:27 AM

Right so weeks later the message came up that the update has completed and to remove the usb card. I did this and checked the correct file containing the VIN number was on the card, which it was, so I uploaded that to the sync website and it confirmed our software was up to date.
Got into the car again the other day and it told me a update was in progress and not to remove the card, but no USB device or card is connected.
What on earth is going on, all the sync systems appear to be working ok but we still keep getting this update message now...

Assuming you are saying the message still appears after you have removed the USB stick, then a Master Reset would probably fix it, but you would lose any navigation favourites, or phone pairings.

#15 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

Yes no USB device is in place. Ok I'll give a reset a go later, thanks. It won't regress the sync version or maps to earlier versions?

Edited by chriscatt, 24 August 2019 - 08:47 AM.

2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#16 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

Performed a master reset anyway but still have the update message popping up.

Useless thing...

2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#17 Hearsepilot

Hearsepilot

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus MK3 RS
  • Name:Steve

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

POPULAR

Months after i completed the Sync3 and maps update my Focus it still complains an update is in progress. She's had more than enough time to complete any potential update so i'm waiting for the next update hoping it will cure that issue.

• chriscatt likes this

...Brought to you by, The Care In The Community Scheme

#18 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

POPULAR

LOL, you would think this should be easy. With my car I can either do OTA updates or download them from the manufacturers site onto a card. Either way the actual update in the car is done in minutes, and we are talking map sizes of over 13gb, including being able to stop the car and have the process commence where it left off the next day...
  • TreborB likes this
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#19 fronty

fronty

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:S-Max

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:43 PM

Yes no USB device is in place. Ok I'll give a reset a go later, thanks. It won't regress the sync version or maps to earlier versions?

Hey I have the same problem, it keeps prompting me for an update even though no USB is inserted, then regardless of whether I say yes or no it fails with a PKG or LST error. I did try an maps update some time ago and it failed, so i wonder if it got partially uploaded into some kind of cache and now it's trying to run it whenever I start the car. Is there a way to clear it so I can start again? You said a master reset didn't work?

#20 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 12:40 PM

Nope and we're still getting the error message, although no reference to a failure though. We just live with it...
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users