Ford Sync3 software update. - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford Sync3 software update.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 RichardRankin

RichardRankin

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Kuga
  • Name:Richard Rankin

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

Hi new to site.

I have just successfully updated my Sync3 software but I am unable to confirm the upsdte. I am attempt to uplaod confirmation file but get the " ERROR try again later" comment. I have tried several times. Help

Richard

#2 davecm

davecm

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk5
  • Name:David

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:48 PM

Bit late to reply I know, but worth adding in case anyone else reads this.

I've found that the Ford online system is sometimes not working properly. On trying again the next day, the log file was uploaded successfully.

Also note that after a map update, no log file is produced, so the online system continues to offer the same map update you downloaded and installed previously.

However, connecting the car via wi-fi and manually checking for updates does seem to re-synchronise the car with the Ford database after a day or two. After doing that, the online system reports software and maps as being up to date.

Connecting car via wi-fi does not allow updates to be downloaded in the UK however. Others report that only works in US.

#3 StewartM

StewartM

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta Mk 8 Titanium

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

Thanks Dave, I did wonder about the lack of log file after my Maps were updated. Glad it's not just me.

#4 davecm

davecm

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

Ford UK have now added a link to the Sync and map update page to download a utility that creates a log file only.

#5 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:A4 & 2018 Fiesta

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

Does it really take 45-60 minutes to perform the second half of the map update and not switch off the engine? Not a cat's hell in chance of us having a journey long enough to do this.
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#6 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:16 AM

Does it really take 45-60 minutes to perform the second half of the map update and not switch off the engine? Not a cat's hell in chance of us having a journey long enough to do this.

Anyone please?
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#7 davecm

davecm

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

POPULAR

Yes, it does take that long. I have tried with just the ignition switched on, but on a keyless entry car it turns itself off after 10 minutes. If you leave the engine running with the car stationary it switches off after about 30 min.

Others have said that if you connect a battery charger, the ignition will stay on indefinitely, but I haven't tried that myself.

I did once manage to do an update without actually driving, by running the engine briefly, starting the update, then turning off the engine leaving the ignition on. Then every 8 min or so restarted the engine for a couple of minutes, so that the ignition did not cut off after 10. That's not guaranteed to work, as it depends on how fully the battery is charged, I think the auto ignition off is triggered by a battery voltage drop rather than a timer.

Edited by davecm, 30 July 2019 - 09:49 AM.

• chriscatt likes this

#8 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5260 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:41 AM

David, just a thought, I think you can go into menu on the Mk5 Mondeo and turn off the facility of engine stopping after 30 mins (Can't remember for definite, and I no longer have hand book or my superb Mondeo anymore  :mad: )

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#9 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 5364 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

Yes, it does take that long. I have tried with just the ignition switched on, but on a keyless entry car it turns itself off after 10 minutes. If you leave the engine running with the car stationary it switches off after about 30 min.
Others have said that if you connect a battery charger, the ignition will stay on indefinitely, but I haven't tried that myself.
I did once manage to do an update without actually driving, by running the engine briefly, starting the update, then turning off the engine leaving the ignition on. Then every 8 min or so restarted the engine for a couple of minutes, so that the ignition did not cut off after 10. That's not guaranteed to work, as it depends on how fully the battery is charged, I think the auto ignition off is triggered by a battery voltage drop rather than a timer.

I decided to give it a go and it seems to have completed the first part ok even though the car was stopped and started. It then came up with another message to say the car must not be stopped whilst the update was being applied as the update will restart again.

With my car, non ford, I can stop and start the car as many times as I like and the map update just commences from where it left off. Only takes about 20 mins as well...
2017 Fiesta Titanium X
5-Door
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost
Ruby Red
Panoramic Roof
Active Park Assist

#10 StewartM

StewartM

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta Mk 8 Titanium

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

I asked the ford Sync 3 web page if any updates were available. I have F8 but got no log file when I installed. I was told an update was there, I downloaded it and went to install. Car told me after a few seconds update was complete.  However it did write a log file this time and that has been acknowledged by the Sync 3 web page.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users