Water in drives foot well - Ford Fiesta Mk4 / Mk5 Forum - (1995-2002) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Water in drives foot well

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AJL

AJL

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta LX mark5
  • Name:Andy

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:56 AM

Every time it rains there is a puddle in the drivers footwell. The side trims are dry the carpet running up the side is dry just the centre of the footwell that is wet. I have also noticed that there is water on top of the suspension strut under bonnet. Not sure if this is connected to the footwell problem? I removed the trim which the wipers are fixed through and cleaned out all leaves and dirt and re sealed the bottom of windscreen but water still getting in. Any advice would be appreciated

#2 speedhunter1992

speedhunter1992

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1996 Fiesta 1.25 LX
  • Name:Josh

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Hi,

Did you find the source of the water yet?

I'm not sure how, if at all, your mk5 differs to my mk4 Fiesta in terms of body/floorpan, but it could be that the water is coming into the footwell from the sill. If this was the case, it would come from underneath the side trim (below the door opening) so the trim would be dry, as yours is.

Check that the drain holes in the sill (near the jacking points) and at the bottom of the front wing are clear. Certainly on my mk4, dirt builds up behind the front wheel arch liners, at the bottom of the front inner wings, and blocks the front-most drain hole. This sends rainwater into the sill which, if the drain holes in the sill are blocked, fills up with water and overflows into the footwells.

I've had water come into my Fiesta from various locations but this seems the most likely given what you've described.

1996 Fiesta 1.25 LX 5-door, Radiant Red

1999 Fiesta 1.3 Finesse 3-door, Moondust Silver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users