Mondeo Mk3 Tddi looking for a new home/reprieve. - Mondeo Cars For Sale - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mondeo Mk3 Tddi looking for a new home/reprieve.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SierraG

SierraG

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 TDDi
  • Name:Iain G

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

POPULAR

Hi Folks,

feel free to bollock me if this is not the place to post, but I'm wondering if anyone "out there" on the Talkford site might be interested in getting their hands on my early MK3 2 Litre Tddi Estate.

The car is surplus to requirements as "issues"with it have forced me to purchase another car and I've gone with a Mk4 Mondeo Tdci Estate.

It would be nice to see this car go to someone who has a garage and who might be willing to remove the 5 speed gearbox and either repair or replace it. Sadly, since having a new clutch fitted last November, we've had nothing but one oil leak after another, firstly from the new rear crank oil seal that had been fitted along with the new clutch pack; then after that was replaced, we almost immediately had another leak into the bellhousing - this time, gearbox oil.

The garage that had changed the clutch this time rectified that leak for free. Six weeks further down the line, I discovered the the n/s output flange seal was leaking gearbox oil badly and that there was sideways play in the output shaft/inner CV assembly suggesting that a support bearing in the final drive has failed.

The car has been sat since mid August though it still fires up straightaway as it always has done with only that puff of back smoke you get, the engine uses no oil and pulls like a train even if it sounds like a tractor, this has been one amazingly reliable car in the nine years I've had it; and even with almost 240K on the clock, if someone sorts the gearbox I reckon there's life in it yet!

Everything works apart from the instrument cluster lights which presumably need new bulbs fitting. There was an advisory last year on the rear brake pipes being rusty so they'll need to be sorted, the bodywork is not bad for a vehicle of it's age.

It is not currently MOT'd and the tax expired at the end of August.

I've an offer to take it off my hands for scrap for £120.00 this coming Sunday though I'd really rather not see it scrapped.

If anyone on the forum would be interested in it, then please contact me rightaway on 07761 483364.

Attached is a photo of it last in use at the end of August. A lot of the logoing has now been removed and some polishing up of the lacquer will be required.

Thanks

Iain

• riber3 likes this

#2 riber3

riber3

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ghia x estate tddi
  • Name:Paul Ribera

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

Hi Iain sadly cannot see a photo and what is your location?

#3 SierraG

SierraG

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 TDDi
  • Name:Iain G

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:24 AM

Sorry mate, just seen this now over a year & a half later.

The car was scrapped sadly, not one of my happiest days!

#4 riber3

riber3

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ghia x estate tddi
  • Name:Paul Ribera

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

Sorry mate, just seen this now over a year & a half later.

The car was scrapped sadly, not one of my happiest days!

Sorry to hear that and thanks for the reply. I am now having a bad day as found a broken spring yesterday!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users