mk5 mondeo 2.0 tdci mk5 annoying vibration noise - Diesel Engines (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

mk5 mondeo 2.0 tdci mk5 annoying vibration noise

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shamus1

shamus1

no way hozay

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2.0 tdci titanium

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

hi guys after a bit of advice I have a vibration noise when reving between gears cars performing fine,but ive read that it can be a fuel pipe rattle has anyone any info on this or does ford have a tsb for this?many thanks.

#2 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:51 PM

Don't know, as I don't do soot chuckers. Have you run through all the engine diesel topics.

Any good

https://talkford.com/...vibrationnoise/

https://talkford.com/...idle-vibration/

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#3 unikarl

unikarl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Karl

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:08 PM

I’ve had a vibration noise on my car since buying it (used). Ford dealer couldn’t find the culprit, independent garage couldn’t find it either. I got annoyed and decided I’d be better off looking myself and it turned out that it was two of the metal clips holding the plastic wiper surround to the bulkhead that had come loose.

Squeezed them to make them tighter and all is quiet!

#4 Simon_uk

Simon_uk

Little Megger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST Line X
  • Name:Simon

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

POPULAR

I had a vibration coming form  under the car.

It turned out to be the fuel pipes under the car...it was really hard to track down, so I didn't bother using Ford, as they'd likely have given up...saying nothing wrong. 

The vibration was resonating at certain revs, and very apparent filling the cabin with the vibration, hence hard to track down to exact location at first.

I had to use someone to gently hold revs with vibration being heard, so I could look around.

I tracked it down to the the main feed/return pipes from the tank. Close to the tank entry / exit.

The exact location is by the rear nearside foot well.

You will have to unscrew the lower shield that protects the cars floor panel to view the pipes, but actually very easy, and only along the outside edge of the vehicles sill.

The pipes are formed with bends etc, and at this point to go up and down with the contour of the rear foot-well.

Its at the bend points where the pipes are clipped to the body that the vibration occurs.

I found that one of the pipes had become unclipped from the large plastic retaining clip...

I re-attached and actually also slightly bent one of the steel pipes to allow it to be more rigid in the clip, on the underside.

I think it had become unclipped due to poorly formed pipe work, and hard merely popped out of the holding location.

following this the noise was gone immediately! 

hope this helps some one.

regards.

• TreborB likes this

#5 ALamba

ALamba

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta & Mondeo mk5
  • Name:Arjun Lamba

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

Thanks Simon_uk. I too feel very bad vibrations on passenger side foot well. Mostly during idling. It fills up the entire cabin. I'll do similar checks now.

#6 ALamba

ALamba

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta & Mondeo mk5
  • Name:Arjun Lamba

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:21 AM

Got it sorted today.. thanks

#7 ojobson

ojobson

Megger

• Gold Member
  • 730 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk5 TDCi 150

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:14 AM

Got it sorted today.. thanks

What was the cause?

Nevermind - saw your other thread that is was the pipes under the body.

Mondeo Mk5 | TDCI 150 Titanium 2015 | 46k miles

Mondeo Mk3 | TDCI 130 LX | 2005 | 230k miles - SOLD  :)

C-Max Mk1 | 1.8 Duratec HE Ghia | 2006 | 140 k miles - RIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users