New maps for SYNC3 now available?! - Page 3 - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

New maps for SYNC3 now available?!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

Well, there is a version EU4 15 which is newer than yours and now an F7 version. So yes, your maps still need updating.

How do you get the latest maps? When I enter my vin it says I'm all up to date.

Looks like I was only able to update the build version probably why it didn't take as long.

Is there a separate link for maps?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ignore me! So dumb, because I am checking on my phone I didnt bother to scroll down... If I did would have seen this message too

Your Maps software needs updating. Approx. 22.1GB

A job for 2mw

2004 Mondeo MK3 1.8 Zetec Hatchback in Panther Black

2013 Focus MK3 1.0 (125PS) Titanium in Panther Black + City Pack

2017 SMAX MK3 2.0 (180PS) Titanium X Sports in Panther Black

#22 StewartM

StewartM

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta Mk 8 Titanium

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

I've now updated my 2018 Fiesta to F7 Maps. All seems to have worked, though it didn't put a log file on my USB Stick to report back to the Ford WebSite.

Back in the Summer, the A683 Lancaster bypass, fast road into Heysham Harbour wasn't on the maps, now it is, yet a roundabout I know in Govan, which at least 2 years ago was made into a four way traffic light controlled junction is still showing as a roundabout.

I still feel route planning leaves a lot to be desired, so I reckon I'll continue using Google Maps through Android Auto.

#23 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

POPULAR

I've now updated my 2018 Fiesta to F7 Maps. All seems to have worked, though it didn't put a log file on my USB Stick to report back to the Ford WebSite.

Back in the Summer, the A683 Lancaster bypass, fast road into Heysham Harbour wasn't on the maps, now it is, yet a roundabout I know in Govan, which at least 2 years ago was made into a four way traffic light controlled junction is still showing as a roundabout.

I still feel route planning leaves a lot to be desired, so I reckon I'll continue using Google Maps through Android Auto.

The thing I like about sync3 is you have the option of built in Nav + Google and Waze using android auto.

Was a massive tomtom fan for ages purely because of the quick and free map updates.

But now I find myself using waze a lot more. Just wish there was a nice way to mount your phone without having long USB cables all over the place.

• StewartM likes this

#24 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

Damn this update takes forver! First took over 1.5 hours to transfer to USB stick. Probably slow usb tbf.

Got key cycle message but I removed the USB.

So not sure if it's on part 2 or starting again from part 1...

#25 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

All sorted it just continued. Now on F7 maps

#26 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5194 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

POPULAR

I have had F7 maps for sometime as I have sync2. Just purchased SD card for £27, click it in and away you go in 20 seconds, simples!!
Seems to be a massive hassle of a job to update with sync3

Edited by TreborB, 07 October 2018 - 05:43 PM.

• clansman likes this

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#27 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

I have had F7 maps for sometime as I have sync2. Just purchased SD card for £27, click it in and away you go in 20 seconds, simples!!
Seems to be a massive hassle of a job to update with sync3

Just takes awhile. I did use a pretty old USB but now I noticed no xml file left on USB even though I got a update complete message.

I think the aim with the sync3 update is later ones can just be done over WiFi.

#28 davecm

davecm

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk5
  • Name:David

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

As I said in my earlier post. The F7 map update first requires the Sync3 software to be updated to the latest version, then the navigation software updated to the latest version, then the maps can be updated.

The Ford website offers these updates one at a time, and provides no clues as to which it is providing.

So you download and install the Sync 3 update, then you MUST upload the log file to the Ford website, on the same page where you got the download. Then you wait overnight for the log file to be processed and enter your VIN again.

Then the navigation software will be available to download. Do that, upload the log file again, then wait overnight.

Next day, the maps are available to download.

I finally have F7 maps installed and working. However, no log file was written to the USB stick, so I can't update the Ford website to confirm the map update was successful.

I had to try 4 different USB sticks to update the maps. The car would not recognise 2 brand new USB3 sticks. The update failed with the first USB2 stick. I then borrowed one with a flashing light which indicates data being read, so you can tell whether the car is actually reading data from it, and also when it has finished.

I've emailed customer support to ask whether the log file should be produced, and if there's another way to get the database back in step with the car.

I did try to install the update a second time, to see if a log file would be created, but it seems like you can't do that, as it fails after a few minutes with an error message. I'll update the post when I get a reply from Ford.

#29 KCF

KCF

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta Titanium

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

In responce to davecm's queery i updated my 2018 Fiesta Titanium the weekend to the F7 map, after updating the sync 3 first the day before. I too had no log file generated after the successfull map update and like you was concerned how to update the Ford Website. The following day the i checked ford's sync update page and it said No Updates i had all the latest updates. The sync system must have uploaded the details all i did was to check for software updates in the car,s system after i installed the F7 map. Hope it's the same for you too.

#30 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1938 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

I only got a log file for the sync update but not maps.

I also tried to do map update again thinking I did something wrong but looks like you can't updates maps twice with same version.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users