AliExpress - Page 3 - General Car Talk - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

AliExpress

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 HC56

HC56

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:31 PM

HC 56

I have read these posts with interest.
I haven’t used Aliexpress yet, but if Raynkar has, I will.

I understand the fondness you have for Raynkar as I have it too. He has helped me an untold amount of times and for me it seems, always goes the extra mile.

I am in awe of his skills, knowledge, commitment, his car and of the man.

I have the utmost respect for him.
Jack.

Thank You Jack....We Are Kindred Spirits....If Everyone was like Ray the world would be a better place.... I have to be honest, Although never having any problems with AliExpress, I didn’t like the “card only” payment & with hacking,leaks,phishing etc escalated with covid I totally stopped buying (TBH, with my health I didn’t expect to get through it!)....But with Gods Grace I’m still here...Anyway, they use PayPal now & the seller doesn’t get paid until you receive & are happy with all, So it’s in there best interest to get items to you asap... I really can’t fault them as sellers are extremely helpful...Though the lack of English understanding is obvious...But They Do Try Their Very Best...Items normally work out at least 50%+ cheaper than elsewhere.... I Hope You Have A Good Experience With Them....Warmest Regards & I look forward to further posts.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 Kish4511

Kish4511

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 1.6 TDCI
  • Name:MOndeo

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:42 PM

POPULAR

Hi I use Ali express and share the security concerns. Might be possible to get a new bank (like starling or monzo) credit card which you top up and then dispose of when its no use to you anymore. You only every top up what you need and it cant go overspent. Worth a look perhaps.

Hope that helps

• HC56 likes this

#23 jack s

jack s

Mosquito

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2 tdci
  • Name:Jack

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:07 PM

POPULAR

HC56

We are kindred spirits and I thank you for saying that.

I’m pleased we are both here to talk about, as like you I have had my health scares and am in
the process of trying to change my lifestyle to deal with it.

Anyway, look forward to our future posts.
Best regards,
Jack.
  • HC56 likes this

#24 HC56

HC56

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:43 PM

Hi I use Ali express and share the security concerns. Might be possible to get a new bank (like starling or monzo) credit card which you top up and then dispose of when its no use to you anymore. You only every top up what you need and it cant go overspent. Worth a look perhaps.

Hope that helps

Yes, that is very helpful...I didn’t realise that something like that existed...I will definitely check it out...MANY THANKS Man....Much Appreciated..

#25 HC56

HC56

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:50 PM

HC56

We are kindred spirits and I thank you for saying that.

I’m pleased we are both here to talk about, as like you I have had my health scares and am in
the process of trying to change my lifestyle to deal with it.

Anyway, look forward to our future posts.
Best regards,
Jack.

Many Thanks Jack....drop me a pm anytime if you ever need to discuss....You will do well & become healthier than ever & I will remember you in thoughts & prayers....Fondest Regards

#26 jack s

jack s

Mosquito

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2 tdci
  • Name:Jack

Posted Yesterday, 12:48 AM

HC 56

People like you are like Raynkar, they make this world a better place.

I sincerely thank you for the opportunity to speak to you through pm’s

I will take you up on this and together we can share our joys and our demons.

We can talk about AliExpress or about life.

Till then, my warmest, best regards,
Jack.

#27 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12959 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted Yesterday, 09:40 AM

POPULAR

This thread has turned into a ‘love in’ lol :)

Bit of thread drift, but I didn’t post the finished result of the left handed knife I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I didn’t like the rosewood finish I initially chose, so stripped that and sprayed it blue.

Finished knife with home made wooden handle.

7B15D39E-A189-4216-A17D-EDA0BB1202AA.png

472A7C44-F8AF-419B-8F98-56CB05BB6405.png

• HC56 likes this
You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#28 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12959 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 AM

POPULAR

With regard to ali express. Whatever you buy, have a good look at all the photos, and of all photos shown by customers who have bought the item.

As an example, I use mostly Makita brand tools. If I wanted to buy a tool from ali express The tool they sell might show a Makita tool in the first few pics, but will then show an unbranded tool in the remaining pics, as will the customer pics.

For me this isn’t a con, it’s just the first pics are showing the tool that has been copied and the remaining pics are showing the actual item that will be sent. No one should expect to get a genuine Makita tool costing perhaps £250 for £40 :)

I mostly buy unbranded items like threaded knobs or levers for DIY projects, but also buy little bits like headphones or plastic cases.

The prices are much cheaper than elsewhere, but the delivery can take a very long time.

• HC56 likes this
You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users