C-Max 1.8 2004 swirl flaps damaged - Exhausts / Induction (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

Jump to content

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)


C-Max 1.8 2004 swirl flaps damaged

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tsiliman


    Just Joined TF!

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:C-max 1.8 2004
  • Name:George
  • Location:Athens

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Hello guys.
This thread was originally posted in the cmax section, but thought to post here as well, because the Mondeo discussions is more active :-)

Car concerned here is a 2004 ford focus cmax, with the 1.8 petrol duratec engine. I have the car's intake manifold on the bench after an effort to address some problems, such as ticking noises coming from the manifold, reduced performance on low rpms, reduced fuel efficiency etc. What I know for sure, at least for now, is that the upper swirl flaps, the flap retainers and the bushings are damaged. According to Ford's ipc, p/n 1317278 are the bushings, p/n 1317276 are the flaps & retainers, and p/n 1349276 is a kit including the previous parts plus a grommet. However the supposedly kit is 100 euros more expensive than buying the parts one by one, and it can't just be the grommet. Can someone tell me what's in this kit? Ford's local dealers won't help. Ford's parts catalog won't help either. This p/n is not on stock so I can't physically see what's in it. If I order it, i have to pay in advance without even knowing what I order.
Prices are for the Greek market.
Ford gives no replacement parts for my VIN. These parts are for the Mondeo Duratec (???), but apart from some obvious manifold differences they appear to be the same.

I would appreciate any kind of help.


Edited by tsiliman, 23 May 2018 - 08:17 PM.

#2 rajenkins



  • Lifetime Gold Member
  • 99 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 2L Ghia X
  • Name:Robert
  • Location:Near Sheffield, England.

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

Old post, but for info:


I believe the difference is that the complete repair kit includes the long 4.5mm square steel spindle that goes through all the swirl plates to rotate them.


It's impossible to buy that on its own, you have to get the kit if you need it.


If the spindle is OK, no worn spots etc., you can just fit the new swirl plate assemblies.


Or you can bung the holes in the manifold and leave the plates and spindles out - just put the outer bodies back in the manifold to retain the rubber seals and keep the port dimensions/gasflow correct.

Robert Jenkins

Now running a 2007 Mondeo Ghia X Mk3 facelift, full leather interior etc.


The one below from the manifold photos is now retired - a hose blew July 2015.
2002 Mondeo Ghia Mk3 Hatchback - 2.0 Duratec; No mods except new thermostat & inlet manifold.

My Mondeo Manifold page: http://www.robertjen...ondeo/index.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users