2013 Mondeo Titanium X with extra's - Car Diaries - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

2013 Mondeo Titanium X with extra's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Martin68

Martin68

Dog's Taxi

• Gold Member
  • 419 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TX Estate
  • Name:Martin

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

I bought my Mondeo at the end of January this year.  I was looking for an estate car in silver with FSH, one owner and low miles and in good condition. I wanted the sport model, but the only ones about where ones with 130k plus miles on and not in silver. I had 10k to spend on the right car.

After looking and going to see different cars, I found one that had been for sale for longer than the dealer would have liked. It ticked all the boxes apart from it was only a Titanium X and not the sport.

It was a 2013/13 2.0 in Silver with 64k and one owner with FSH and priced up a only £7,500 which i think was a bargain.

So I had 2.5k left to spend to make the car my own. I first fitted a set of 19" Ford alloys as the 17s are just to small for a big car like the Mondeo Mk4.5. Got to say i now wish i went for a set of 20s , But who knows what i will get for my 50th this year.  next was a NX Sat Nav unit. what a pig it was as i did not know at the time i needed 2 parking sensor speakers as the sony HU used the radio speakers for them. Next was new suspension. So i fitted the sport shocks all round with the ford Eiback lowering spring kit. I then took it to have a 4 wheel alignment on a Hunters system which cost £60.

I wanted the sport model as i liked the look of the Mondeo with the body kit on, and the estate sport looks very sweet. so i started hunting for the parts i needed. I found the front lower lip, rear deffuser and tailgate spoiler secondhand on ebay. But i had to buy the side skirt and rear bumper lower skirts new, the grille's are patten parts from underground parts and are a very good fit. i also bought a pair of headlight wash covers just to add to the real look of the sport. All in all i spent just over the 2.5k, but it would have been alot more if i did not get such a bargain on the new 19s i got. I have got a duel exhaust coming to go on the car, it should have been here friday but it was a no show. So i now have the car i wanted for the price i wanted which i am very very happy with.

So here are some photo's. the first one is of the car when i first got it.

Attached Thumbnails

• mondeo standerd spec.jpg
  • 20180422_180300_WEB.jpg
  • 20180422_180235_WEB.jpg
  • 20180422_180219_WEB.jpg
  • 20180422_180244_WEB.jpg
  • 20180422_180316_WEB.jpg

2013/13 Mondeo Titanium X Estate in Moondust Silver.

Full Sport Body Kit with Sport Upper & Lower Grille's

Sport Suspension with Eibach Springs

Dual Outlet Exhaust & 19"  Alloys

#2 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1155 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

i also bought a pair of headlight wash covers just to add to the real look of the sport. 

Am I the only one who is curious to know whats going to happen at the MOT when the confused tester struggles to get the headlight washers to work  :lol:

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Bluetooth + USB mod   -   Convers Mod   -   NX Mod

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#3 Martin68

Martin68

Dog's Taxi

• Gold Member
  • 419 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TX Estate
  • Name:Martin

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

i also bought a pair of headlight wash covers just to add to the real look of the sport. 

Am I the only one who is curious to know whats going to happen at the MOT when the confused tester struggles to get the headlight washers to work  :lol:

I will let you know next January :banana2:  :lol: 

2013/13 Mondeo Titanium X Estate in Moondust Silver.

Full Sport Body Kit with Sport Upper & Lower Grille's

Sport Suspension with Eibach Springs

Dual Outlet Exhaust & 19"  Alloys

#4 TreborB

TreborB

Powershifts Forever

• Members
  • 4878 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:11 PM

Super workmanship and a quality job Martin. You should be proud of that.
And we know, you are still to do more,

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users