Impact Wrench - Page 2 - Tools and Test/ Diagnostic equipment - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Impact Wrench

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 27864 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:52 AM

First real proper test of the Ryobi impact wrench today and it spun off the rusty

towbar bolts (22mm) in seconds. No strain at all.

Far superior to the cheap Machine mart 12v item. That really needed a front bearing

because it stopped when apply pressure to a fixing.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#12 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

I did something similar to you, I had a few Makita 18v tools so bought a Makita 18v impact wrench - https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Also picked up a set of Halfords advance impact socket sets for £36 https://www.halfords...pact-socket-set

One of the best tools I've bought as it made light work of swapping the front strut's, drop links, ball joints, and (over the last couple of days) exhaust.

I'd suggest getting one to anyone that works on their own car, I regret putting it off for so long.

Edited by Mark M, 10 November 2018 - 12:04 PM.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Bluetooth + USB mod   -   Convers Mod   -   NX Mod

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#13 Rekusu

Rekusu

Megger

• Members
  • 1688 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 Mondeo, TDCI

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:49 PM

I only have the Lidl mains powered 'cheapie' but to date, all Lidl tools have done what they should.

It makes removing and replacing the wheel nuts a breeze.  Also used it to remove the brake carrier nuts and replace.  So much easier than  struggling with a ratchet.

As above, don't know why I put it off for so long!

What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

#14 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 27864 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

I was going to buy the 240v electric one from Machine Mart, but thought it too

restrictive needing a mains supply. It wouldnt run on any of my inverters.

But that had good reviews over the years.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#15 micksgarage

micksgarage

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

At MicksGarage.com we stock a great variety of all kind of Tools from Hand ToolsPower Tools to Trade Tools and more, at the best prices and great deals every day. Check out our Tool selection I am sure you will not regret.

MicksGarage.com is one of Europe's largest online retailers of car parts and accessories. We pride ourselves in being car part experts, with our team collectively having over 250 years of experience in the automotive sector. We currently have over 10 million car parts and accessories listed on our site, from braking parts to car care, travel & leisure gear, service parts and much more.

#16 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 11997 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:52 PM

I did something similar to you, I had a few Makita 18v tools so bought a Makita 18v impact wrench - https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Also picked up a set of Halfords advance impact socket sets for £36 https://www.halfords...pact-socket-set

One of the best tools I've bought as it made light work of swapping the front strut's, drop links, ball joints, and (over the last couple of days) exhaust.

I'd suggest getting one to anyone that works on their own car, I regret putting it off for so long.

I’ve got one like that, it’s great for smaller nuts, and is very lightweight so is easy to use all day long.

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users