Fuel pump problems - Ford Fiesta Mk4 / Mk5 Forum - (1995-2002) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Fuel pump problems

electrical wiring

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lewis steve

Lewis steve

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Fiesta
  • Name:Lewis

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

POPULAR

Hi I have just brought a 2001 fiesta 1.25 it was left with the battery off for a few day and once I replaced the battery I couldn’t get it started the fuel pump it not starting up the engine is still cranking so I am assuming that it has not immobilised I have brought a new pump and still nothing ( I should add that the fuel tank is still off I just have the pump connected but it is not getting power it gets a short 12 volt burst for half a second then goes I have swapped all the relays around but nothing has changed does anyone have a suggestion thanks
  • silvercanary likes this

#2 silvercanary

silvercanary

Ford "Mechanic"

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk1 focus 1.8 16v lx
  • Name:Eddy

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

it won't (/shouldn't) be immobilised if turning the key to position 2 (or even 1?) cancels the little red immobiliser dash LED. 

I also doubt there would be an initial pulse if the immobiliser was working so while you can probably rule out the immobiliser I wouldn't rule out the PCM yet. 

why was the battery disconnected?

do you have any recent evidence of the car running fine for extended (or any) periods of time before you bought it i.e. do you know who you bought it from well? have you seen it running recently? 

I suggest if you want to buy anything more for it you buy a diagnostic cable unless someone else can come up with a better idea... i have this one https://www.ebay.co....872.m2749.l2649 and have used it on a laptop with http://forscan.org/ app on my mk1 focus...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, wiring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users