St200 TC and Handbrake light on - Electrical (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

St200 TC and Handbrake light on

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Masonbaz

Masonbaz

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo st200
  • Name:Barry

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

Hi and welcome . I’m new to the site and I’m hoping someone with knowledge can help me as I’m scratching my head a bit . My st200 has developed quite the party piece . Firstly the TC and handbrake light started to come on for no reason and now it stays on constantly . Then it has started to keep running when I take keys out the ignition . When I take the keys out the ignition turns off as in the radio will go off and the dash etc but the 2 lights as mentioned above stay on and the Car keeps running . Eventually it stops and the 2 lights go off . But in the morning the battery will be dead . I’ve finally seen the reason for the dead battery is the ignition comes on all on its own . The radio will be on the blowers the dash lights etc and the car is locked up . I’m assuming all these are related and I’ve thought maybe a bad earth or faulty relay or alternator but not really looked into it too much yet but MOT time is coming up and I’d like to get this sorted . So any advice would be much appreciated if anyone has experienced this kinda thing before . Apart from this the car drives faultless and I love it . Thanks in advance .
Barry .

#2 frembrit

frembrit

MEG Corporal

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 2601 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4.5
  • Name:Dave

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

The TC and handbrake light staying on means that there is a fault somewhere so you need to check the ABS sensors and wiring, ABS rings on the CV joints / rear hubs for splits and the ABS/TC pump.

I don't think you can do much with the ABS/TC pump unit though. I had a similar fault on my old ST24 and ended up replacing the pump. It's located under the servo and a bit of a pain to get to, think I had to reach through the near side wheel arch to disconnect the electrical plug which has a diagonally sliding locking mechanism.

Mondeo 2.2 TDCI Titanium X Sport (MK4.5), Panther Black | S-Max 2.5T front brake calipers and 316mm discs |  Fuel Log

Now Dead - Mondeo ST24, 2000 W reg, Amparo Blue | ST170 Calipers and Discs | Goodridge Hoses | GW Decat | K&N Panel Filter | Black eyes | LPG

Honda Hornet, 2004, Matt Blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users