Change Oil Soon Warning - Diesel Engines (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Change Oil Soon Warning

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Valv1866

Valv1866

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Estate Auto
  • Name:Robin

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

Hello,

I've had my 2015 Mondeo Estate for coming up to 5 months now and it has started putting a Change Oil Soom warning in Yellow in the middle of the rev counter. The message can be cleared using the OK button on the steering wheel.

Is this a sign of impending service, it was done last year at 34,000 miles and I'm up to 46,000.

Thanks for your help,

Robin

#2 rdc49_uk

rdc49_uk

Likes to chat

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 106 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2015 MK5 Mondeo

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

Hi Robin,

The service intervals are 12.5k/12months for Petrols and smaller diesels, the bigger diesels are 18K/2 years, so I'd say yes.

#3 Valv1866

Valv1866

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Estate Auto
  • Name:Robin

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Hi Robin,

The service intervals are 12.5k/12months for Petrols and smaller diesels, the bigger diesels are 18K/2 years, so I'd say yes.

It's the 2.0 180bhp engine and the service book says "Check with your Ford Dealer"

Thank you for the info, looks like I'll get a quote from the Ford dealer for the service then!

#4 Dragunov

Dragunov

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5 180HP

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

Well I don't receive any warning about the oil quality.

Oil life on IPC even has no value

Ford Focus II Trend++ 1.6TDCi 109HP+; Aquarius Blue; Build Date: April 2005; RIP: June 2016;

Ford Mondeo V Titanium 2.0TDCi 150HP+; Panther Black; First Edition Pack; Build Date: February 2015;

#5 ericthecat

ericthecat

Little Megger

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK5 Mondeo Tit 2.0

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

Strangely enough this has just shown up on my vehicle this morning, that's the reason I was looking on here for people with the same issue.

Mine is a 2.0 /150 diesel and when I purchased it I was offered the service plan option which states every 2 years or 36000 miles.

So it isn't due a service until September, is it worth paying for an oil and filter change only for them to do it again in September. 

2015 2.0L Mondeo Titanium, Magnetic

#6 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 3015 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 C Max 1.6TDCi
  • Name:Mike

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

It has been generally agreed on the forum that a diesel would benefit from an annual, or at 6kmiles (or whichever comes first) oil/filter change despite the recommended 12.5k miles interval, it's up to individual owners whether they agree. Personally I have found this to be of benefit in keeping an engine in good condition. Fleet owners may prefer extended seervice intervals as a cost saving issue but, private owners, whose annual mileage is somewhat less, may choose to service more regularly.

#7 Madeira

Madeira

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 1.6 Titanium
  • Name:Jon

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

The same light apppeared last week on my 1.6 TDCI.  I had the oil and filter changed 13,000 miles ago. I wonder how the car decided when to change the oil.  :biggrin:.  Anyway its in for another change in a  few days.  BTW, the receommended oil, Castrol Mag Stp/Strt 5W-30 4Litre, is offered in either A4 or A5!  Inhave no idea what that means but Halfords computer recommended A5 for my car.  Prices of both are the same.  Any idea what the differences are?

The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some great ideas!

2012,  1.6 TDCi Eco Titanium; Stop/Start.
Panther Black. (Metallic)

#8 Dragunov

Dragunov

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5 180HP

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

A5 / B5 can be seen as the "fuel-saving" one

Ford Focus II Trend++ 1.6TDCi 109HP+; Aquarius Blue; Build Date: April 2005; RIP: June 2016;

Ford Mondeo V Titanium 2.0TDCi 150HP+; Panther Black; First Edition Pack; Build Date: February 2015;

#9 Madeira

Madeira

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 1.6 Titanium
  • Name:Jon

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

Thanks Dragunov.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some great ideas!

2012,  1.6 TDCi Eco Titanium; Stop/Start.
Panther Black. (Metallic)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users